Thursday, June 13, 2024

Let Us Hope...


With "horror" I just followed the news.
Germany will get police-help from other European countries to control hooligans from tomorrow on when EU-soccer-games start here.

They will have no weapons.
WHAT????
 
Let us hope my birth-year will not repeat itself!!! 
FIL was in there  - as unarmed police-officer.

Why don´t people learn from that???

Am I glad none of us is interested in soccer.
And the announcements there will be "public viewing"... aw, well. If you hear that they mean huge screens on public places where they broadcast the games.

I remember a EU-American Football game here in Braunschweig. With Orange. 
In soccer they are "enemies", but not in football (Netherlands, right? I always mix that up).
There was security.
After the half-time break only those stayed who were interested in watching because football fans are no hooligans.

Let´s hope for the best...



8 comments:

  1. ...we hope for the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a shame hooligans have gone from bad to worse over the years, the game certainly has changed in the years I use to watch it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm hoping for the best. Scary times we live in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous12:20 AM

    police with no weapons? that is strange to me

    ReplyDelete
  5. It’s too bad people can’t enjoy and event without it devolving into chaos.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tom, I feel for the officers...

    ____

    Aimz, yes, it is sad. I see it - we live near the stadion. Football, all good. Soccer - heaps of police...


    ____

    Spare Parts and Pics, scary and sad. Just shut the "games" down at first chaos, I´d say...


    ____

    Kathy, yes. 1972 it was the very same. FIL had a stick. A stick!! Only message was: "One police officer shot". Was not him. And they repeat this in 2024....

    _____

    CJ, I think that goes for soccer only...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hopefully the hooligans will also have NO weapons. I think they should be searched before the game so they have nothing with which to bash each other after or during the game. If the police patrol inside any who start trouble can be removed right away, but they only wait outside the gates I think.

    ReplyDelete
  8. When going to American Footy we were controlled 100% and a colleague told me now you´re not even allowed a backpack - all thanks to stupid soccer-hooligans!
    1972 police was inside, no idea how it will be this time - luckily I don´t have to care, FIL is long retired and we won´t even watch on TV.
    But it is sad!

    Also: who pays for this? Us, the tax-payers! I see police often when there are soccer games (we live nearby).

    ReplyDelete

Have your bait here (ummm... bite! ;-)....)