▼

Thursday, January 08, 2026

Turn Right, Right, Left And...

 
 
Found on FB - video not by myself! 
Yupp, right around our corner - hello PANTO!! Love ya! 
 
Panto "we" at Alstom call lovingly so, it´s the pantograph, in German Stromabnehmer. Panto sounds nicer, right. I had "his" construction on my "table".
 
Yesterday I saw the sparkle Ingo told me of!!!! When cold and wet the panto goes boom-boom-boom... fireworks, again (unharmed).
 
fK has the Bogie, our babies. 
Bogie we call officially Laufdrehgestell. The German language is not nice...
 
We work for Alstom, French, former Bombardier - official language: English, thankfully as my French.. oh, mon Dieu... 
 
Picture this: Two women in a coffee shop, one shares her phone (fK) showing me pictures and we go aww, ohh... not baby-pictures... a bogie.
Before I even knew her Ingo went with me to InnoTrans (Innovation Transportation) in Berlin. 
Me, enthousiastic, "Bogie!!!" - all the men made room for me so I could have a closer look (I am small).
It was too funny (it was a new bogie). 
 
We´ll hop off there where the tram stops when we come from Perth. 
 
I really fell into railway, kinda? From Automotive (I worked in IT for Volkswagen for 16 years). 
 
Another funny: On InnoTrans we walked on. And I saw TimTams... I just... they wanted to give us TimTams - the sweetest sweets Australian friends kept presenting me with despite I said I don´t like sweets! The guys were from Sydney with some IT-Solution. Oh, heck, it was hard to make them understand I really just NOTICED but don´t WANT to have one.
We ended up talking about beer - Ingo sure saved me there. 
 
 
"Habits of the 1960s that would be unthinkable today 
 

 Milkmen
 
In the early to mid-1960s, it was common for milk to be delivered daily to the home by the milkman. This practice declined as it became more convenient and affordable to buy milk at the grocery store."
 
Ingo lived in a village and went with a milk-can to the farmer and got fresh milk for his Brother. 
These days you get milk here in Northern Germany from the Southern part - nonsense!
 
Henry 🦁 
 
 




30 comments:

  1. ...I remember the milk man and me grandmothers had milk boxes built into the house next to the side door.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just saw Tim Tams at Costco and they reminded me of when we did the Tim Tam slam! Oh, and milk boxes. that's a childhood memory. OK -- so is this your street the panto is on? You said around the corner so I wondered.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Tim Tams go around the world now? Have sweet fun! And I mean that!
      Yes, you get out of our house, turn right, till the end of the street (short way), turn right, same procedure, then left and there she is!

      Delete
  3. my comment is just there not publishing will try again When I was a kid at home we got milk delivered to our home in glass bottles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Much better than what we have now! (yes blogger has hiccups all the time! Thank you for trying again)

      Delete
  4. Dear friend Iris, I remember the milkman and also the bread truck.
    Thank you so much for sharing. Warm hugs 🫂 🤗 and much love to you 💖 💓 ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have a chicken and egg truck these days, dear friend Linda 😀 Warm hugs and much love on the way 😘

      Delete
  5. We had a milkman and a breadman when I was a kid, Iris.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello,
    I remember having milk, eggs and sometimes bacon delivered to our home. I am sure Henry does not like having the snow on his back, it's so cold. Take care, have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All the people popping by this month warm him up by shouting, "Henry, this was a good year!" - that warms him up :-) We have a truck with chicken and eggs popping by.

      Delete
  7. Did not know Bombardier is now Alstrom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bombardier only sold railway to Alstom, all good!

      Delete
  8. Here in T&T it is hot hot hit

    My Thursday post is
    HERE

    🎇much love

    ReplyDelete
  9. I remember the milkman when I was young. I was always fascinated by his truck. It had sliding doors on the sides.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You got up early, huh? Or did they come all day - I grew up in a small town where there were no milkmen...

      Delete
  10. Your tram is beautiful. I remember very occasionally seeing sparks fly from the Panto when I was younger, usually when the wires were wet from rain.
    We had milk delivered right up until 1983 and then we only stopped because the money we put out the night before would get stolen by the bratty kids who lived next door. I think soon after that all milk deliveries ended.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tram says thank you :-) I thought the sparks came from the ice! And I learn again, yippee! Sad about that money being stolen, really!

      Delete
  11. It's must have been very nice to have milk delivered to your doorstep! Travel by tram would be best in weather like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We never got milk delivered, but I lived in a town... Yes, I walked and thought, oh, wee, tram would´ve been better!

      Delete
  12. Oh, Tim Tams! Little delights of heaven. Ugh snow. We've been getting dustings of snow and ice every other day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We will not meet in that heaven - I´ll be in the Pizza-section! Here still fat snow, ugh - even warnings and no school.

      Delete
  13. Oh, and because when I was little, I didn't look like anyone in my family, they called me The Milkman's Kid 🤣

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 😂My Bro and I have noses like none in our family - maternal nor paternal. We have no pool, so we thought of the mailman. (our Dad had exactly my hands so... who knows where those noses came from. No pics as.. WWII...).

      Delete
  14. I'm old enough to recall Milkman delivery milk.

    ReplyDelete
  15. How fun to find a video right near you that you didn't share. It feels like a small world, doesn't it? And I remember we had a milkman when I was a kid. Now I would love one so I didn't have to stop at the store so often. :) Hope it was a good day. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that sure was a surprise! When getting bread for Ingo I always went there! It is still a good day, hugs!

      Delete

Have your bait here (ummm... bite! ;-)....)