Still scanning in the old family pics to make a Christmas-Pressie.
This is my Dad, the Musketeer.

Well. He really grew that beard for the annual occasion only. The musket, he built it himself. It works. He was one of the founders of that "serious" historical association, the Sehusa Musketiere (german).
Pic is taken some time in the 80´s, on the annual Sehusa Festival (german), the biggest historical Festival in Lower Saxony.
Yips, there were cars around, "back then" ;-)
Seriously, since the Musketeers knew no glasses he wore none. Neither contact lenses!!
Bet he missed a lot of people that way! ;-)
Yeah. This was one of his big hobbies. Alongside with astronomy and his stupid Mercedes Cabriolet.
I never get that last one. We were a BMW-family!!!
Iris, this photo is a TREASURE!!! Just look how cool and handsome your father is! And that costume, did he also design or even do that? He looks so dashing on it! I am so happy to see this Iris, even the way the photograph was taken with the perfect placement of his hat that created such a shadow on his face! Waaaa! I am very sure it was a fun celebration but I am a bit sad for him that he wasn't able to see a lot of it. But surely he felt happy!
ReplyDeleteThank you so so much for this beautiful entry to Timeless Thursdays iris! You know how I love photos like these! I don't get a lot of entries each week but the few, yours very much included, makes me very happy!
Stevenson
LOL, Stevenson, yes, sad he didn´t see much, and he was an optometrist, too. Irony! ;-)
ReplyDeleteDear friend, it is fun to add to your theme, I looked through old entries and that is a nice trip, too!
He is super cool! I;m proud of him and living to the things he like :)
ReplyDeleteThank you so much and hope to see you again on the next series :)
Hello Flavia, keep seeing your name on SteveQ's posts. We have something in common. I lived first year of marriage in Berlin. But wow, your boyfriend of 13 years! I thought 3 1/2 years was already an eternity:)Great to meet you via another blog friend:) My url you'll see on the thumbnail link at Steve's Timeless Thursdays. Have a great weekend, Jesh
ReplyDelete