▼
Tuesday, April 30, 2019
You Have To
Pics from last Friday when I had to go to apply for a new ID-card.
One thing typical for Braunschweig is that often there are no street signs or not where you expect one, so... I got lost.
That´s a big surprise, no ;-)
So I approached two ladies to ask.
And one of them exclaimed...
"You have to take the bus!!!"
And she was younger than me, too!
"I said, no, thanks, I can walk :-) All in all it´s only 5km and half I did already."
The way back I took another route, through the park. I shouldn´t have listened to google and taken that route straight away!
And then...
... through the city.
The Kohlmarktbrunnen´s fountains are up and there are fun windows, too.
In the end it was only 10:00 am and I had already 12km on my POLAR.
Lion of the day:
The only art in Welfenhof, but there is an installation I´ll show you soon.
On the thankful side again for a change: Ingo is OK, healthwise. Insurance is covered for me, say 90% on the safe side. I met nice people on his and my insurance´s side.
It restores my faith into everyday working life...
Not into spring, though. 3C. Brrrr.
On a sidenote. (Financial) refugees often manage to misuse the system and obtain benefits in different cities using different IDs.
I had to give my fingerprints left and right index-finger (also last time, reckon that was 10 years ago).
How come the refugees don´t have to?
Do you have to give fingerprints for your ID/Passport, too?











Gosh you are a great walker. I would be half dead if I walked that far. It is so lovely watching spring unfold at your place.
ReplyDeleteThat must have been an invigorating walk! Beautiful captures!
ReplyDeleteJoan Elizabeth, I really do enjoy walking and yes, spring is so beautiful!
ReplyDeletemagiceye, yes, it was really good!
The geese are such a welcome sight.
ReplyDeleteI love everything in this post, Iris. Every word, every photo! Oh, those beautiful greens and yellows! Spring is definitely in your world. And those sweet ducks and geese. I love this season and it's fun seeing it in Braunschweig!
ReplyDeleteWilliam. yes, they are sweet!
ReplyDeleteJeanie, you made this grey, unhappy day. Thank you!
It certainly looks like spring but still cold huh. At least pretty to walk in this weather. BUT wait a minute......did you say you had a coffee? You don't drink coffee do you?
ReplyDeleteIngo taught me to make coffee, so... they also say one cuppa is healthy ...so.... yay, taking to coffee. Old peeps learn, too! ;-)
ReplyDeleteA super collection of photographs here Iris, and so nice to see the lush greens.
ReplyDeleteAll the best Jan