Tuesday, November 26, 2019

T Stands For MeTTwurst



These pics are (part one) of our Mummegenussmeile 2019, the real one.



Does this count as art, too? It´s a beautiful, arty, old caroussel.
(And no, I didn´t get a ride ;-)...)

But maybe these had!



I guess the man left and the woman after 45 seconds changed position, I can´t remember, more than 20 years have gone by...

Some of you suggested I resume figure drawing.
Hm. Unless you want to see Ingo naked or me trying to sneak into uni as a student (likely no success)...
One evening for €195,00 is a tad too much for my liking!



We went for the bees!



I´m not into sweet stuff, but Ingo is:



Sweet, local times ahead!



Certainly we had something to drink, too!
Mumme-Beer! What else!



This is for Elizabeth and Bleubeard´s "T Stands For Tuesday".

And here you have the Mumme-Lion of the day:



Ingo nibbled endlessly on the Mettwurst and I bought even more onion-bread and froze it.
Buy local! (links are in English).

35 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:51 AM

    Hi buying local is the best if it is available-we recently moved where we are closer to the amish community I am hoping to get local veggies and meats especially at the markets next summer.
    Loved the carousel Happy T Hugs Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. It must be... interesting to really get in contact with "the Amish"!
    Yes, local is best. I hate the new ads we have here about online shopping and suggesting, "hey, free shipping back!" - and pupils skipping school every Friday for "Fridays for Future" - a crazy world. A happy T-Day to you, too, hugs :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had fun at the Mummegenussmeile, and I'm glad you didn't starve. The local food looks good, especially the bread and cheese. I'm not fan of Mettwurst and Beer, but I know most people love it. The old Carousel is beautiful, too, shame you didn't go for a ride. Happy T day, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Valerie :-) I think it would´ve looked a tad ridiculous seeing me actually IN that carousel!
    I don´t like Mettwurst much, either, but the bread, hmmmm... - Happy T-Day to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful photos. The food looks delicious. I like the architecture of that building. More lovely sketches (from the past). Great winged lion. Happy T-Day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, Anne :-) A happy T-Day to you, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ...your loot looks yummy! I'd love a ride too, is it art? Of course it is. 20 years can mess with your memory. Sweet stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, especially the bread and cheese (hot!!!!) were / will be yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. that is some hearty, warming food to nibble on:) Always nice to buy local when one can. Cute carousel, but I'm looking at that grand old building behind it! Your figure drawings are quite impressive. Thanks for sharing your fun outing. Happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The heart of the city mostly survived the big fire of WWII - there is a yummy Pizza place in that building.
    A happy T-Day to you, too :-) "Outing" :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is good to buy local produce, its farm shops that I like to go visit, things look so fresh and tempting.
    Your photos looked great, I liked the old Carousel.
    Happy T day wishes.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes, Yvonne, it´s also just fair to buy local - we need jobs nearby, right!
    For 16 years I had to drive 38 km one way to wok, not funny, dangerous, expensive and not good for the environment. Time consuming.
    Better take the Carousel :-) Happy T-day xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's so nice when buying local is an option. Best for us all :) Happy T Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes and happy T-Day :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Onion bread would go over well right about now.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Especially with chilli-cheese :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ingo certainly looks like he's enjoying that beer Iris πŸ˜‰ You certainly would not have looked silly on the carousel, you would have looked pretty cute πŸ˜‰

    ReplyDelete
  18. Grace, I´m small, but not THAT small ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a wonderful day. Love the happy photographs too.
    happy T day.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful carousel. Yes, it is art, indeed. They don't make them like that anymore. As to getting back into figure drawing, the museum where I work used to have figure drawing in the galleries. I think there was a nominal fee to help pay for the model. If you live close to an art museum maybe you could check out what they offer? Mmm, honey. πŸ˜‹ We used to have a man in town who kept bees. Sadly, his hives succumbed to some sort of virus of disease and he went out of business. Lucky you to get Ingo to pose for your blog post. Himself doesn't really cooperate. πŸ˜€ Happy T Day

    ReplyDelete
  21. Junemac, yes, it was a happy day indeed :-) Happy T-Day xxx

    ____

    CJ, I will check at the museums, great idea, thank you!
    Very sad about the bees....
    Jupp, Hubby never minds to pose, he even reads the blog and the comments, a tad "scary", huh? ;-) - (and yes, we´re together for.... ages already!)
    Happy T-Day!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your Mummegenussmeile Fest looks wonderful, Iris. That's a new word for me. I gather it's like a food fair. What yummy German foods you shared.

    Happy T-day! Eileen xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Eileen, yes a food festival based on the Braunschweig Mum that came from the Late Middle Ages. They create new foods and also present local ones. Sadly in November, I´d prefer summer!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I like this week's lion. Thanks Iris for your earlier visit. I thought I had posted here, but when I do from my ipad it doesn't take. I wanted to be sure you knew that Elizabeth is having computer problems, so not to worry if you don't see her come by. She asked me to pass this along.

    ReplyDelete
  25. This coming Saturday is our support small local business, I will be going out and doing my part.
    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
  26. The meat and cheese look so yummy! And anything made from a bee is SO healthy and delicious. Looks like a great way to spend a day.
    Happy Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  27. Sharon, thank you, yes, I saw your hint. Isn´t it always a pain when something does not work?
    I at least in these cases (plural!) can rely on my netbook...

    ____

    Dora, that is great!

    ____

    Kate, yes, YUM :-) And healthy as handmade! Belated happy T-Day!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I'm finally here for T Tuesday. I adore the cheese and bread. You can keep all the meat. But that bread and cheese have me very hungry.

    I want to ride the carousel. Different from any I've seen.

    I would have gone for the bees, too, but I might have been tempted to buy a jar of honey, too.

    Ingo looks like he's enjoying his beer, and it is a bit dark, too. I only drink stout, so I'm drawn to dark beer.

    I have some thoughts on your sketches but willl save them until I am typing with two hands again. Thanks for sharing your food, your walk, and Ingo's beer with us for T this Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Mettwurst was always on the table when I was little, along with liverwurst which I hated, but I don't think any of us kids ate either one after we left home. Maybe my sister who really loved the liverwurst. I've never even asked her.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Elizabeth, yes, the meat was Ingo´s part, eww.
    The cheese was really, really hot and the bread... yum!

    Oh? We have lots of those carousels here!
    Yes, the honey was tasted last Sunday (by Ingo).

    It´s beer with Brunswick Mum, that´s why it´s so dark, a little sweet, too.

    Oh, help. When my Mum said she has some thoughts that was never a good thing, LOL!
    Hope your hand will be back soon (despite this ;-)...)

    ____


    River, oh, I hate liver, but I love liverwurst, no logic here!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Your "loot" looks delicious! It all does!

    You don't have to draw nude figures, Iris! Any old figures (or anything else!) will do! And I bet you can! You have a wonderful talent.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Oh, Jeanie, that is all sooo long ago! I doubt I can still do it...

    I prefer to eat then ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  33. Local honey! Yum! I always buy local honey. It helps with resistance against hay-fever. Because the bees go for the pollen and by eating local honey your body builds resistance to that type of pollen. It takes a few years but in my hubby's case it worked.
    It's great to see the caroussel at the festival. And Ingo's beer looks very nice. Did you buy the cheese, sausage and bread at the festival?
    Happy T-Day (belated),
    Hugs,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  34. I am late stopping by as I came down with a head cold and last night I needed to sleep rather than to visit blogs. I love your photos this week. It is nice to get see Ingo, and your loot sure looks delicious. I also enjoyed the views from your Christmas market-I think. Hope it was a wonderful T day. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  35. I love Food Festivals- onion bread sounds good! Great to see your hubby with his drink! Belated Happy T Day! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete

Have your bait here (ummm... bite! ;-)....)