Thursday, August 01, 2024

Bakery And Potato Pancake

 
Today I join Rain with her Art and Dinner-date "Bakery".
Likely today we go  again to Jürgens Brewery  where you find a great bread, too!
Edible art, so to say.
 

 Bread with Brunswick Mum.
 
And for the dinner-part:
 
River asked about the potato-pancake recipe à la Ingo´s late Grandma. 
For 2 portions - well, define 2, we had one each and then I had 4 more over the week - either way to see the quantities that make the cake you need:
 
  • 6 big potatoes
  • 1 big onion
  • 4 ts flour
  • 1 egg
  • optional (Ingo´s Grandma always added this, we didn´t this time): 1-2 carrots
  • salt, pepper 
  • oil for swimming ... ummmm... frying
 
Grate the potatoes 2/3 with a rough grater, 1/3 with the fine one, like with one of these:
 

 
 Or, if lazy (like Ingo) take a NINJA:

 
If you add carrots take care you produce long stripes.
Dice the onion,  crack the egg, mix with salt and pepper and the flour and then go  for a swim with the mixture, ideally outside cause it SMELLS!
Flip, so they get golden from both sides.
 

 Do it in batches and make sure to drain on kitchen paper.
Best have applesauce as side dish like this:


Leftovers: NOT in the microwave, gets ickily wobbly.
Use the pan and maybe try this:


Friday I visited my Brother and there is a farm ... we were in a hurry, other I´d taken pics:
You can see the chicken roam around, there is a fridge and a cash-cassette.
Take your eggs, put your money  into the cassette and my - these eggs are much better than those from the supermarket and your soul feels better, too.

Life in the village... there is trust!

Sadly all munched up now.

Dunno if you really need the carrot(s), I loved it the way it was!

Henry 🦁
 
 
Yes, Henry, yummy! Very.
 
More to come as it´s already August 1st - another Aborigine-dream-story is to follow! Oh, help, stop the time  from running!!!!



7 comments:

  1. Thank you for the recipe, I remember we NEVER had carrots and if we didn't have apple sauce we put jam on them. I will put apple sauce on my shopping list and for myself make only half the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is the flour 4 teaspoons or 4 tablespoons?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Teaspoons - let me confirm it by Ingo, if tablespoon I´ll e-mail you (pretty sure it´s teaspoon). But what will you do with half an egg? The pancakes are really yummy in the pan later.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can use a small egg instead of a large one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I go like Jamie, this is just a suggestion, do as you feel :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've missed a lot! The potato pancakes look fabulous! I love them.

    ReplyDelete

Have your bait here (ummm... bite! ;-)....)