Saturday, February 22, 2025

Wendy #3 - Fridge-Door

Follow me into the kitchen, would you? There we have more of Wendy´s art. 
 
This time I visited her stand at the Freo Markets. All by myself so I had the time of the world to wander around at my pace, talk to the vendors, it was fun!  
 
Frementle/Freo is located South of Perth.
It´s port is that huge, in 1999 the USS Constellation stopped on her last journey and had an open day - we sure payed a visit! 

Yes, pre 9/11 you could visit an aircraft carrier that was still in use.
Man, those American marines really did try to be patient! Aussies run left, not right and after 6+ months we easily mingled in.
We were there to sell our wonderful car...
 

... and hence I didn´t have my camera with me 😭 - Luckily Ingo had his VCR!

Wiki says about the markets: "Built in 1897, it houses over 150 shops for craftspeople, fashion designers, and merchants in the historic Hall, and fresh food producers, vegetable growers and food retailers in The Yard. It is open on Friday, Saturday, Sunday, as well as most public holidays and is a popular Fremantle tourist destination considered 'a Fremantle institution'".
 
Now for some beautiful details:
 
 
The Peso Convertibles is a tipp we gave in Varadero/Cuba (not).
 
Earlier US-Dollars were allowed:
 




To really value Wendy´s art I´ll continue next Saturday to join...
 
 
The new series
 
"Not just cars: these things were invented in Germany


Electric tram
 
The world's first commercially successful electric tram was built in Lichterfelde, a suburb of Berlin, and went into operation in 1881. It is still a very environmentally friendly means of transport."
 
Henry 🦁
 
 
 
Have a crittery Saturday!
 

 

32 comments:

  1. Hello,
    I like the art on your fridge. The markets sound like a fun place to explore. The critter art is cute, the emu, the dogs and the camel are all cute. Baltimore the city I was born and grew up has a street car museum, they look similar to your electric tram photo. Henry is handsome, cool art. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, have a great weekend. PS, thank you for leaving me a comment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the markets are awesome. Everybody is friendly, polite, no pushing, happy people, great atmosphere! Would love to see that museum! To a great weekend!

      Delete
  2. ...mosaic Henry is handsome. Iris, I think that you should have been born in Australia. Stay warm and well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But then I would never have met Ingo... You can´t have it all....

      Delete
  3. It’s sad how you long for Australia, regret missing the opportunity to remain there, and have no great enthusiasm for where you live.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Braunschweig! Isn´t Henry proof of this? This is the City of Henry The Lion :-)

      Delete
  4. The camel sure looks wild at something!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn´t attempt to cuddle it!

      Delete
  5. What a fun and nostalgic adventure! Wandering through the Freo Markets at your own pace must have been such a treat, and Wendy’s art sounds like a wonderful highlight. The memory of visiting the USS Constellation before 9/11 is incredible—what a different time that was! Thanks for sharing these fascinating moments.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a treat for sure, sometimes I need to be by myself! Yes. Pre 9/11 was... "safe". We hardly can remember this, can we? Today a Syrian refugee stabbed a Spanish tourist at the Holocaust Memorial in Berlin... I am thankful I am this old I knew "safety"...

      Delete
  6. I really like Wendy's art, Iris. The market sounds like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun post. Wendy's art is so cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your fridge door looks so fun and happy. Yes, Henry you are art, too. Warming up today. Enjoy the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure is a very happy door! With (mostly) very happy people, too! And Henries! To a great weekend, yum is to come here.

      Delete
  9. Fun critters all! My fav is Henry!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous4:58 PM

    Cool fridge art! -Christine cmlk79.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Now that's a busy fridg. LOL I love the dogs and giraffe. Too darn cute. Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wendy is a very talented artist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I hope to visit next year again!

      Delete
  13. I like the dogs and camel :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like your colourful fridge! I like best the magnet with the three dogs. Is that market in big old warehouse sized sheds by the harbour? I've been there and wandered around by myself for a couple of hours, back in 2013 when I visited my brother and sister-in-law.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yupp, we wandered the same :-) Even the same year - we were there October - December!

      Delete
  15. There's a party on your fridge! So fun! Love all the animal art and the lion mosaic. I love going to markets - it's a wonderful experience and good place to meet new people!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never saw it as a party... thank you! Makes me happy! And yes, those markets are wonderful to connect with people!

      Delete
  16. Love the quirky fridge door art. No, pie are round LOL. Thanks for the peek into Fremantle Markets!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I have a frozen pie in the fridge! ;.)

      Delete
  17. Hello Iris :)
    The market seems full of wonderful artisans and fresh food products.It sounds like a charming place to visit. Love the Camel and ostrich art, the lion too.The visit to the aircraft must have been interesting.
    Have a good week
    All the best Sonjia.

    ReplyDelete

Have your bait here (ummm... bite! ;-)....)