Saturday, October 18, 2008

A letter from my lover



Not a love letter, though... rather a report on how he´s doin´ at reha. Seems to be more a detox center than a rehabilitation center! Poeple who have to fight obesity, alcohol and cigarettes. Only a few need to come back from a severe sickness.
And it seems that clinic is not really prepared for those. The other day Ingo got introduced to "his" nutritionist. Maybe it was gut-feeling, Ingo tested her. He said, "after eating one kg of ice-cream my stomach hurts." Her answer? "Maybe you suffer from intolerance against lactose." YES! 1 kg - 2.2 pounds - who would not hold his belly in pain after such an amount of ice-cream?!
Next she sent him to the kitchen so he can see where all the fat is hidden. Hello, lady, you need glasses? This man needs to gain weight!!!

Darn. At least he did not loose his creativity. No numbers on the sheets but "signs" that match only once:



Again he does not want me to come for a visit - it´s too far and hence too stressy. We spend the gas-money on a treat here at home soon.

BTW! Gas is back to normal, still a little fortune to spend, but not hilarious anymore!

Before going to the gym today - went everyday since Tuesday and the more often I go the better I feel, so full of power!! - before that I went to the city - so a slightly longer route, not much!

I counted: 81:5 - no, that´s not the outcome of a very boring game of footy!
81 bikers without a helmet, 5 with - me included. 3 adults, 2 very small children.

Now I really do wonder after having learned it´s even law in Australia and you´re considered an idiot in the US riding without - how come German people don´t wear a helmet on the bike? We have lots of cycle paths, but often enough you´re on the road with the cars. Older people, ok - they always went without, they always will. But all the younger ones (me included for a long while, sporadically wearing one, mostly forgetting it...) - what´s wrong here? Anyways.. I´ll be wearing one now! Hope I never need the protection, though!

4 comments:

MissyBoo said...

Hope the time passes quickly for Ingo and you. It must be so hard being apart for that length of time :-(

Wendy said...

Yeah - hope the time passes quickly. I feel bad for Ingo stuck there!!

Our gas is back down too. It's 2.79 a gallon right now. (dollars) Which - to me - is STILL way HIGH - but better than 4 bucks, that's for sure.

Willow said...

Wow, a real letter written on paper with an ink pen and coming to you in the post? That's something you don't see very much anymore.

But like the others, I hope you are back together soon.

In the meantime, enjoy the letters.

Iris Flavia said...

Yes, it´s not easy. This year we weren´t so lucky, I suppose!

Yips, Willow, a real letter!! Written with a real fountain pen and diferent kinds of ink :-)
And guess what I sent back: A real postcard!