Sunday, June 09, 2024

The Comfortable Hole - A Snippet


At work I get "snippets" and I´d like to share some, reckon you know Koko. I let Deepl translate this, these are not my own words following:

"Koko was a lady gorilla who shocked the world with her sign language. She was able to communicate with people through signs and said some profound statements.

Penny Patterson, an animal psychologist, announced that Koko was talking about life after death. When asked 'Where do animals go when they die?' Koko said into 'a comfortable hole'. The answer stunned many people and sparked philosophical debate." Source

Sadly, or astonishingly, that´s all Koko had to say about this.
Makes one think, huh, comfortably...

Henry 🦁
 
 
What do you think, where or do we go after death - in my eyes we are animals, too, we are living beings who will die some day. And then what?
Ingo and I will get cremated and then join the life-cycle in helping growing trees or such.
My Brother believes the souls stay "somewhere" - wouldn´t "somewhere" be very, very crowded?
Maybe Koko knew the answer and never gave it away...



9 comments:

  1. ...somewhere is mighty crowded.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think so, too... I think they´re in our hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved Koko. I believe the body will go back to the earth. The soul will regenerate to a new life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Let us hope the soul has a new chance...

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's all a mystery, no one has returned with an answer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember Koko well, kind of like she was a gentle giant, I do think animals behave better than humans.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I remember Koko. I decided long ago that my body can go to a teaching hospital so student doctors can learn from it, then the remains get cremated once the body is no longer useful. I signed the form years ago but think it only applies to bodies that die in hospitals, otherwise how would they know I died? So maybe that idea is no longer viable. Instead I could choose to have my body sent to "The Body Farm", I think it is in Victoria, where bodies are laid out in the weather so forensic scientists can learn from them. Maybe just get cremated and all my kids can share the ashes and sprinkle me in their gardens.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bill, maybe this is a good thing!

    ____

    Aimz, yes, most animals are sincere...

    ____

    River, I have my body for organ donation - if they want them ;-)
    And then have a hot party... My Brother twice a year goes to our parent´s grave and invests time and money for having it properly with flowers. He does not take money from me for that.
    Did they really want that???
    I have pictures of them in the living room, in the kitchen... I see them every day - that´s much better, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hmmm....I do not think our minds die. I can't believe that all we think, know, feel is just chemical impulses. So I think our mind/spirit remain somewhere, or perhaps get absorbed into a universal mind? Don't know but I guess we will all find out. Or not.

    ReplyDelete

Have your bait here (ummm... bite! ;-)....)