Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Last will



From time to time this subject comes up. Driving a car 80km every working day is a good reason to make arrangements for the worst.

I would simply like to give my body to science. Either students have a chance to practice on me or maybe someone invents a new method with my body and is able to help others that way.
My mother freaked out.

But I mean... A funeral costs a lot of money, even cremating is expensive. Looking after a grave costs time and money and I think you can remember a person without a trip to the graveyard. Put a pic on the shelf.

I have some pics of my father in my apartment, pics of a happy face. A pic my brother took of him the moment my brother lifted his cap when he had shaved his head, things like that.
Isn´t that better than a cold stone?

Ingo on the other hand wants to make a diamond out of me, this can be done in switzerland.
Ok, I can understand that, too (I only have to make sure they don´t make a blue diamond out of me!).

But I dunno. Really putting a "last will" on paper is like forcing to die. I know this is stupid, this is superstition.
But I am not the only one who feels like that. The other day they had that topic in Tim Allen´s show "Home Improvement", too.

Did you make a testament? Should I do it? I´m simply afraid of it!

2 comments:

Rodney Olsen said...

Pauline and I made wills a number of years ago. We're not planning on leaving the planet anytime soon but if something should happen, we want our children to be looked after.

Iris Flavia said...

Thank you, Rodney. Yes, I should find the courage and simply do it. Nothing happened to you, so it seems to be safe.
Still, a freaking thought.