Saturday, March 15, 2008

Revenge, is it?

Well, we went to see our families today - we haven´t seen each other since Christmas! So I got heaps of birthday-presents, Yay!

I had to leave one behind cause it´s too big, our car wasn´t empty. It´s a red board that fits my red lack!

I mentioned some time ago that we need a key holder. Well, we have one already now, so I try to give this one back to IKEA. But it shows one thing: My brother really listens to me, right? And how they decorated it is just hilarious - and I think it´s a little revenge for this - which, as a revenge, I link here now and show it off yet again ;-)

This is a key holder with slate, hence they added chalk. You can click to enlarge, see what they did to Ingo? :-)



"Wattenlaeuper" is a liquor from the sea - we always go on holidays to the sea if we stay in Germany. Boy, I hope I am as good a listener as he is!
The two guys to the right in the pic are my bro and his girlfriend :-) On his 30th b-day.

I put the pics on the heating (I never use that thing), that way I can enjoy them everyday! You can click to enlarge and see the chain I´m wearing - made by my bro, the goldsmith (glasses from my bro the optometrist and no, I do not have two brothers! When the light is right, I take a pic of the latest jewelry he made for me):



When I'm at my families` place I certainly have to grab the phone and order one ten without ham. This time it´s enough for three meals, YUM:



We then went to visit Ingo´s Grandma. I was quite sure she would reproach, we had kinda reassured her we would come by once a month!

We rang the bell and she burst out in joy! She took me in her arms - three times! She even got up for it once again after she was seated! Boy was it great to see a person so happy!

I said, "well, we should have come by earlier" and she replied, "nah, I understand"!

She then gave me 50 euros (birthday present) and when I said no, she said "oh, you shut up! And I wanna see what you bought with it, too!"

She told me her mother gave her money as presents as well. And, as it is, you put it in your purse and buy everyday-stuff but you don´t go and say, "now this is something just for me and just for joy and I thank $giver$".
So, her mother said, "this time I buy you a present!" They went to my Dad and bought a watch. That year her mother died.

So, if I was superstitious I would not buy a present and show her, right? But then I go without her, so it should be ok.

I mean, she is right! My Mom gave me money for Christmas and I bought everyday-stuff like cheese and milk from it!
I still have some and will use it for just-for-me-stuff and thank my Mom for it.

Yips, you can always learn something good from another generation! And I will visit Ingo´s Granma more often now again.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

My goodness what a happy post!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY Iris! It sounds to me like a wonderful time. Also sounds like perhaps things are smoothed out with your brother some. I'm so glad!! Lovely gifts!