Friday, May 09, 2008

Life´s ways



First of all: This is resident number 2, listed at stock.xchng - a happy one, which gives me hope.

I called Ingo´s brother, Martin, who is a doctor, tonight.

Told him Ingo is in hospital, gave the few information we have, mentioned that Ingo is treated like a child - not knowing any details.
Martin kinda accused "us" for always waiting too long with calling - hey - he never called, either and... it´s Ingo´s choice, only his - as long as he isn´t in hospital...

Gosh, they are siblings? Whilst talking Martin cooked some sausages that were already cooked. Whilst Ingo would´ve bursted out LOUD, he was merely kinda muttering...

Anyhows. I asked how the Grandma is goin´.

Last thing I knew was (from Martin) she´s in hospital with pneumonia.
Tried to call her several times without success.

She - the woman who knitted all my very special, individual socks from leftovers, creatively put together. She, who, some months ago, learned to work with a new phone. She hugged me more than Ingo.. I could go on. She, who was so alert.

She is in an old people's home now.

WHAT????

She refused to eat in hospital, said she wanted to die. Very quickly it went real bad, mentally.
She was mentally fit enough though, still, to say she wants to go to the nursing home.
Guess since Ingo isn´t there every day anymore and us every second weekend... she realized...
Learned about some bad stuff today concerning her.

And good one, as well!

When she came there first, she didn´t like to talk to anybody - just to find out that her room mate is a schoolfellow from those days long gone - and she liked that!

Even better: She worked in the town´s factory and there are old workmates as well!

What better can you have - being old and not alone! Talking about happy - or stressy (and anyhows happy) days, being cared for, looked after (she had fallen again and it took hours ´til she was found - this is over now!)...

So. After my first shock. I think it´s all good for her.
Maybe she looks like "resident number 2".

Hope to see her soon!


And forget all about the bad stuff I heard today!
Tomorrow I hopefully get a ten without ham. Cold. For taking home.




Will meet my bro and Mom in a town in the middle of us. My Mom bought an apartment to move to when hopefully soon retired.
Since my father has passed away, it´s my Bro and me to join her find new furniture.

And my Bro promised to bring a ten without ham, yay (he said, with anchovy - if he does so... he won´t have a good time!!! ;-)...)

3 comments:

Wendy said...

My heart sank when I read about her going into the nursing home ... but was uplifted to learn she has ready made friends there!! Sometimes, just being "not alone" is what buoys us up and keeps us going. I hope she'll be happy there, and when Ingo feels better, you two can go see her. :~)

I hope your brother did NOT put anchovies on it!! Puke!! LOL! Have a great weekend Iris!

Hammy said...

Anchovies are someone's joke on pizza lovers.

Sorry to hear about the Grandma. Hope she is being looked after and not left sitting in a chair in front of the TV until she dies. Sad places are the nursing homes.

Iris Flavia said...

No anchovies on my Pizza :-)

Well, I talked to the Grandma today - she seemed fit as ever on the phone!

I look forward to see for myself how the situation is.
Yes - elderly care nurse, as well as all other nurses - get very little money.
The situation is bad.