Wednesday, June 06, 2012

Lifesaver Tour 2012



The other day I got an invitation from the German Red Cross to donate blood.
Last year the theme was showing old(er) people, saying "born 1984".

This year´s theme is the lifesaver-tour - cool idea, huh?
Not so threatening/frightening, but "cool".

Date was today and tomorrow and since tomorrow I´m off helping Bro again, we went today.
They have new, very comfy "chairs" instead of the ole stuff where you had to lie down - in funky red, too.
And we got a goody-bag each, filled with cookies and stuff (goes to Bro since I don´t like sweets), juice, a pad for notes, a pen designed like a syringe, writing red, leaflets... and the cool bag itself with the motto on it:



Plus a meal at the bakery nearby! Two breadrolls each, cheese, decorated with radish, strawberries, grape and tomatoes - and 3 scoops of icecream afterwards!

Call that a proper campaign, huh? And it worked, many first-time-goes were there!

Well.
Yesterday I realised my blog-archive was displayed just to the middle of the month.
Googled a bit, found a tip, tried, didn´t save first and... bang! All gone!
Man, was I pissed! (The archive was still not back)
I so loved that green, you can see the old design at my old blog, I just had a better pic of myself there.

Well.
In the aftermath this was kind of a lifesaver, too.
I had gotten bored a bit with the blog.

Now I think it´s fun to test the designs and all and maybe I´m a bit tired of all the green, too!

The design may change maybe again, my link-list is sadly gone, too (always be careful using the HTML-mode, it just disapprears for good, it seems, gah! Save it!)

Actually it made me realise, too, that it´s kinda stupid to rely on a tool that´s for free.
Guess I saw some function to save your stuff - it´s a "diary" after all and kinda important to me!

Did you/do you save your blog´s contents someplace else?
I´d been so darn sad if it all would´ve been gone, the good and the bad times.
What happened to Ingo in 2008 and how we/I mastered it, what happened to my Mum, the time when Niece was born and all that.
I don´t go back in the archive, but I could and that´s a good feeling.

So.
Blogger... that malfunction was a lifesaver, actually.
I stop using you as an old "e-diary" but found an interest in what you achieved, I play around, have fun, will save my stuff in time.
I thank you for this service! And that malfunction !

No comments: