Friday, December 26, 2014

Talk To An Ex-Firefighter/First-Aid-Helper



... which Ingo was till 2007. See? Obviously Ingo some time ago.

Well - as mentioned here I was helping in a car-accident yesterday.

Bro, SIL and Bro´s FIL asked me to talk about it to get it off, but they are no firefighters/first-aid-guys.

(Our fist accident, how horrible, Mum had no chance to get away of that stupid Golf-driver - nothing happened to either us, except my fear of car-accidents):



Just talking to Ingo showed me what went wrong and tomorrow I´ll write to the emergency-team so the dude who had me on the phone will get a training!

So much went wrong!!!

I called in panic and Ingo said I did a good job anyways.
Said what had happened and exactly here, and that there were two helpers.

For more info I just needed to talk to the other helpers and the firefighter not only told me off ("you talk to me, you talk to me only, no one else!" - how am I supposed to get info without asking??) - but he simply believed my words and "transfered" me to the towing service or police, I cannot recall this - I was in panic-mode.

I have all my data on the phone. 14/12/25th, 11:03 am, 2:037 minutes (only!)

Here goes:
I ask the other helpers, finally seeing the driver outside, healthy and swearing about his broken car - on the firefighter´s demand I ask (uh, now I am supposed to talk to other helpers?!):
Is there only one person?
Is the person ok?

And he decides we don´t need help but a towing service.

What if....
The driver was in panic, too, is single, but has his little Niece in the back who is strangled by the seat belt and he forgets to mention?
... gets a heart attack once to tower tells me there is no need for me to wait?

They have my phone-number, the time and all and take me legally responsible - and I would never ever forgive myself for not helping properly!!!

I´ll ask for them to teach the guy via e-mail and Ingo will ask his old boss - who´ll have more power - to make them do something about it all.

Yes.
No fun being on duty on Christmas.

But life was at stake.

I needed a time off to get it done in my panic-head, Ingo helped me and now I hopefully not tell that person down but help him to do a better job.

Holy yikes!

2 comments:

Sami said...

Ingo so young in that photo...
I agree that first aid helper needs indication on how to do help out correctly.

Iris Flavia said...

They told me the firefighter did a proper job... But Ingo´s ex-firefighter-boss also said the situation there is bad, so... It´s really sad and I do not feel that safe anymore!