Monday, January 08, 2018

And Off They Go



On January 6th, says tradition, the Christmas trees are thrown out.

So the streets are lined with healthy, sad trees.

In my family we kept the tree until it died, until the needles fell off.

Did/do you have one?
Real or fake?
We don´t have one since a couple of years.

Temps down to 2C, brrr.

7 comments:

PerthDailyPhoto said...

I have a real one Iris but it's actually growing in a pot so I get it back outside real quick after Christmas.. it's going to be too big next year 😀😀

Iris Flavia said...

So you´ll celebrate outside next year, Grace ;-)
We had our George (found a Christmas-tree) but it froze to death on the balcony, sadly.

Revrunner said...

Yep, similar scenes here. They're mulched here and resold.

Iris Flavia said...

Interesting! Burned to heat over here. Or, if clean, given to the elephants in the zoos.

Lowcarb team member said...

I love real Christmas trees but have to confess we now use a small artificial one ...

All the best Jan

Sami said...

Only a fake tree for me always.
It's sad that the trees get thrown out, I thought they could be planted somewhere.

Iris Flavia said...

Fake trees are the better choice, I think. They´re cut and on to be wasted...