I've never been but it sounds fun. For me, though, in all truth. There's no place like home. And the last two days hubby didn't have to go to to work and we got to be home in our own yard working on our upcoming garden. Loved it. Loved it. There's no place like home.
Oh, Happy Whisk, you are very lucky then! Our neighbours to all sides suck. The one above STOMPS. Some, this is a patry of 14, stomp and scream. The neighbours from the other side go into their garden and the kids SCREAM. For hours.
Move? We were so dumb to buy this condo!!! We have a little balcony, that´s all.
Now, I don´t wanna sound jealous! Enjoy! :-)
____
Ohhh, Bertiebo, no, I didn´t know that sweet song! We got Sesame Street translated to German at first, and then we got a German version, that was when my Dad and I said no, my little Brother had to watch it by himself.
Can you "teleport" me to Cuba? LOL We need to go back to this stuff. Sesame Street has really "dumbed down" lately. This is when we learned culture and other cool things now kids are just being entertained. Have a great week! A little BIG hug just for you! xoxo
Ella, yes! Let´s teleport or beam over there! And yes. Sesame Street in Germany dumbed 1978. I still got the original version, translated to German, Dad watched with me. My little Brother got the German version. So dumb, he had to watch by himself! There was Samson, a big bear who said b ut "Huiuiui". Dumb! Glad we are that old to have been able to enjoy the real stuff, right? A little BIG hug for you, too, to real Sesame Street veterans! xoxo
Yes, awesome, clean, white beaches, and the ocean, the people. We always went back to the same hotel. It felt like home. So sad I don´t speak Spanish, but Midiala, our "maid" spoke English pretty good, so we could talk a bit. We also went to Havana, beautiful, too. Glad your family is fine.
The Beatles sang that long before it got on to Sesame Street. I'd like to be living near the ocean. A house on the Esplanade would suit me very well. But they're very expensive, so I just walk past and pretend.
I know, but I like the Sesame Street version better, I have sweet memories of an Aboriginal family in Broome playing that song. They had soft drinks and were happy. Ha. 300+ km to a dirty ocean here...
Now that's a great mural. I don't know that I want to be anywhere but here now, even though it's scary. We just passed third in the country with the most cases and home feels good right now. But in my mind I am many places past!
Love the mural and the song Iris, brings back memories from when the kids were young. You have such lovely memories of Cuba, I wonder how it would be now, sometimes it's best to just keep the good memories, that's how I feel about Africa 💙
I'm glad I am home now at this particular time. It would be stressful being somewhere else. My daughter grew up on Sesame St. It's too bad that it has been dummed down. Yay for the sun today with a few moments of bucketing down rain. Enjoy your day! :)
Oh I would like to be in that octopus's garden right now. ALthough I don't want to go until this pandemic is over. I am happy staying safe at home. Hope you are too. Hugs-Erika
Jeanie, yes, it´s always goog to be able to travel into the past :-)
____
Grace, years ago I talked too a Russian woman who lives here and has a house in Cuba. She has to travel there once a year and said it had cahnged a lot, not for the better. You do it right with Africa! xox
____
Bill, yes, Sesame Street really is dumb now, so sad. Sadly a grey day today, but, well. As long as we´re healthy.... right!
____
Taken For Granted,that is true, too. But I would not take the chance ;-)
____
Margaret, I was surprised to find the Bealtes had the song first ;-)
____
The Happy Whisk, it was even worse before! I´ll see what I can do about the kids in that garden, come summer. There is a park nearby, where they can scream their little souls out. Otherwise there will be a boom-blaster from our side...
____
RedPat, I know, I still have contact to some two very nice girls we met there :-)
____
Erika, yes, we just travel in our minds these days, huh.
32 comments:
"The Cuban Way" looks like a vintage click.
That is Cuba :-)
I've never been but it sounds fun. For me, though, in all truth. There's no place like home. And the last two days hubby didn't have to go to to work and we got to be home in our own yard working on our upcoming garden. Loved it. Loved it. There's no place like home.
No I did not know that Sesame song. I love it, thank you. And you? Do you remember this one? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIq8jLj5TzU/ my fave!
Oh, Happy Whisk, you are very lucky then!
Our neighbours to all sides suck. The one above STOMPS. Some, this is a patry of 14, stomp and scream. The neighbours from the other side go into their garden and the kids SCREAM. For hours.
Move? We were so dumb to buy this condo!!! We have a little balcony, that´s all.
Now, I don´t wanna sound jealous! Enjoy! :-)
____
Ohhh, Bertiebo, no, I didn´t know that sweet song!
We got Sesame Street translated to German at first, and then we got a German version, that was when my Dad and I said no, my little Brother had to watch it by himself.
Thank you, such a sweet song! And so true.
Can you "teleport" me to Cuba? LOL
We need to go back to this stuff. Sesame Street has really "dumbed down" lately. This is when we learned culture and other cool things now kids are just being entertained.
Have a great week! A little BIG hug just for you! xoxo
Ella, yes! Let´s teleport or beam over there!
And yes. Sesame Street in Germany dumbed 1978.
I still got the original version, translated to German, Dad watched with me.
My little Brother got the German version. So dumb, he had to watch by himself!
There was Samson, a big bear who said b ut "Huiuiui". Dumb!
Glad we are that old to have been able to enjoy the real stuff, right?
A little BIG hug for you, too, to real Sesame Street veterans! xoxo
Schöne Fotos und schöne Erinnerungen. Dir einen guten Tag, bleib gesund! GlG, Valerie
Valerie, zu spät, Erkältung - hoffe ich...
Dennoch, lass uns einen schönen Tag haben, GlG, Iris
Oh, thank you! :-) I'm missing my land right now. Luckily, my family is fine. I've been to Varadero so many times. Gorgeous beaches.
Greetings from London.
Yes, awesome, clean, white beaches, and the ocean, the people.
We always went back to the same hotel. It felt like home. So sad I don´t speak Spanish, but Midiala, our "maid" spoke English pretty good, so we could talk a bit.
We also went to Havana, beautiful, too.
Glad your family is fine.
The Beatles sang that long before it got on to Sesame Street. I'd like to be living near the ocean. A house on the Esplanade would suit me very well. But they're very expensive, so I just walk past and pretend.
I know, but I like the Sesame Street version better, I have sweet memories of an Aboriginal family in Broome playing that song.
They had soft drinks and were happy.
Ha. 300+ km to a dirty ocean here...
Wonderful Little Story Board There - Well Done - Dig That Step Back In Time Photo From Cuba - Those Old American Cars Are Everywhere - Way Cool
Cheers
Very pretty Under the Sea mural Iris.
And I like the car too.
Thanks for contributing Iris.
...where would I like to be? At the moment I'm happy to be home with my sweetie.
Those murals are so joyful, love it!
Abbey Road is one of my favorite Beatles Albums, including Octopus's Garden. I had forgotten that Sesame Street covered it too!
I agree that it's good to recall past travel when we are all so confined.
be well... mae at maefood.blogspot.com
Padre, I wish we had those cars here in Germany!
____
Sami, yes, it was on Ingo´s old SD card :-)
____
Tom there is never anything better than beeing with your sweetie xx
____
Natalia, yes, ah, t-shirt weather over here now!
____
I heard the song in Broome the first time, Mae.
An Aborigine family was having it on. They had soft drinks and were happy.
Now that's a great mural. I don't know that I want to be anywhere but here now, even though it's scary. We just passed third in the country with the most cases and home feels good right now. But in my mind I am many places past!
Love the mural and the song Iris, brings back memories from when the kids were young. You have such lovely memories of Cuba, I wonder how it would be now, sometimes it's best to just keep the good memories, that's how I feel about Africa 💙
I'm glad I am home now at this particular time. It would be stressful being somewhere else. My daughter grew up on Sesame St. It's too bad that it has been dummed down.
Yay for the sun today with a few moments of bucketing down rain. Enjoy your day! :)
A perfect mural for an outdoor restaurant. But do not worry about sharks. Many more sharks are eaten by people than the other way around.
Ooops, I must be getting old LOL! I can remember when The Beatles released that song in 1969 :))
I am sorry that it is so noisy and not fun to live there. I hope that someday, you can move and find a peaceful place.
Cuba is a very popular holiday destination for Canadians in winter.
Oh I would like to be in that octopus's garden right now. ALthough I don't want to go until this pandemic is over. I am happy staying safe at home. Hope you are too. Hugs-Erika
Would love to visit Cuba.
Murals are sure way to tell a story.
Jeanie, yes, it´s always goog to be able to travel into the past :-)
____
Grace, years ago I talked too a Russian woman who lives here and has a house in Cuba. She has to travel there once a year and said it had cahnged a lot, not for the better. You do it right with Africa! xox
____
Bill, yes, Sesame Street really is dumb now, so sad. Sadly a grey day today, but, well. As long as we´re healthy.... right!
____
Taken For Granted,that is true, too. But I would not take the chance ;-)
____
Margaret, I was surprised to find the Bealtes had the song first ;-)
____
The Happy Whisk, it was even worse before! I´ll see what I can do about the kids in that garden, come summer. There is a park nearby, where they can scream their little souls out. Otherwise there will be a boom-blaster from our side...
____
RedPat, I know, I still have contact to some two very nice girls we met there :-)
____
Erika, yes, we just travel in our minds these days, huh.
____
magiceye, it is beautiful, especially Varadero.
_____
Dora, and beautiful to look at :-)
____
:-)
I would like to be beyond this surreal situation.
Post a Comment