Thursday, August 29, 2024

@ The Grinning Cat

 
Went to ESE yesterday. First, private short meetup with fL.
Then the yearly meetup, uh-oh.
 
Railway-boss was in the room and I thought? Have I lost my job?!
He was super-friendly and left.
 
But then! fL already´d asked - "seminar-room, not fC´s office? Unusual."
fE was there, too, I thought as secretary and luckily didn´t ask.
She had a super-cute outfit and I said that.
 
"Thank you. I´m your teamlead when fC retires, btw 😉"
 
GLAD I said this before I knew!!! She was in the meeting to learn how to do it. 
 
Customer is happy with my work, now/still-teamlead corrected my work for the better (I had to say how good I think I am, she thought I´m better).
 
Both liked my idea of "Lessons Learned" and a dictionary with abbreviations for all - as in all ESE can help and we split it for Siemens, Deutsche Bahn, ALSTOM etc as they all want it translated different. (e.g. ALSTOM: earthing, Deutsche Bahn: grounding - cutomer is king and gets what he wants).
 
Ingo´d printed out work problems with which I was told to go to mK. Who laughed and took it easy, cause... he´s been there, too.
 
fK was already waiting for me - with GREAT NEWS, we took off to Grinsekatz (Grinning Cat) - formerly Okercabana and had.... 
 
 
Well, shared.... she had to eat up my last bit, too.
Those people from East Germany don´t care I had eaten without fork&knife but with my mouth.
Also: "Wanna try my drink?", she offered - from the bottle. We´re all still alive.
West German people are different. Well, us old ones. But I learned. 
Wonder about this generation, must ask big Niece.

fK and I took off our shoes and buried our feet in the sand... SUMMER!!!!!
 
I remember the tour through Italy. Our tour guide and our bus-driver, both from East Germany... we shared. He ate up my pizza I´d munched... without fork&knife, of course!
The four of us shared a cigar!
Our bus driver even offered I can take his swim trousers (he´s taller than Ingo so.... no).

The great news: fE will be my teamlead and (my friend) fK will be hers. 
And she can keep  her only 36-hours-work-schedule!  And get more money.
And I might be safe, even if no new project sits around the corner immediately. 
 
fE has learned about me and is on my side. We know each other since two years, too. 





One more:


"Albert Einstein's creative and brilliant quotes

 What matters
 
Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted."

 
Henry's 🦁... cousin:

 
Max is a tad ... grumpy.
 
But... let all of us grin! Another summer-day is coming up!



 
 

13 comments:

River said...

It looks like a lovely time, meeting, greeting, eating then buried feet in the sand and it looks like your job is safe.

Iris Flavia said...

Yes to all of that (for the moment to the latter).

Tom said...

...I try not to eat burgers, but they are calling my name!

magiceye said...

Loved the last 'On the water' photo the best.

Iris Flavia said...

Tom, I think once in a while you should listen ;-)

____

magiceye, it is SUMMER :-)

RedPat said...

Sounds like they are happy with your work, Iris. And you had a good time afterwards!

CJ Kennedy said...

Grinsekatz. I love the name. I love hamburgers too. I had one the other day with American cheese and bacon. I had ordered cheddar ,but they mixed up the order. No worries the wait was a cute young man

Jeanie said...

This sounds like an excellent development, Iris. I'm glad you have been praised and that your favorites will still be there, too! The time at the restaurant, beach looks fun.

gigi-hawaii said...

I had to laugh at how those East Germans shared food and drinks with you - even from the same bottle. Not my thing to do. Germs! But, as you said, you're still alive.

Bill said...

It's good to have nice co-workers and get along even at get togethers. It sounds like your job is working out well for you.

Anonymous said...

sounds like good times there-glad you have summer temps-burgers look good, and nice to be near the water too-hugs

Iris Flavia said...

RedPat,I am SO lucky!

____

CJ, could guess you like the name :-)
And the burger was SO YUM. Hehe on the cute young man!

____

Jeanie, I hope all stays well. I am so lucky to have ended up at this company!

____

gigi, yes. I think I looked a bit... astonished that fK simply took it from my hand and ate it up!
But, well.... aren´t germs also but people? ;-)

____

Bill, yes, I am SO happy there (working from home 100%).

____

Kathy,right now it´s summer-rain, soooo wonderful.
And yes, river Oker is right around the corner but it is no lake.... hugs

Granny Sue said...

All good things! I hope Ingo is feeling better?