This is a pic from 1999, I hope it still is that way (a place we call home), the new owners have been helpful, so far, too:

This was just before we left, just before christmas (hence the headdress) - our car is absolutedly clean :-)

Usually he looked like this:

Why ever we left on December the 07th, I cannot recall. We could have "made it" into the year 2k in Perth... Big party, I bet. This time it will not work out again with New Year's eve in Perth. It´s Peak season and with Qantas flights still available in January only go till Singapore. Plus it´s really expensive.
But, well. I look forward so much to going to Perth again! While here it will be cold, grey, rainy, windy, nasty... we will have heat, sun, beach and a town we feel quite home in :-) Yet there will be so much new to see. We were always busy when we´ve been there:
We had to buy a car that fits our needs (took us two or three weeks), We came back to extend our visa. We came back to sell the car (five weeks!) and I was checking out the architectural offices for a job (today I must say I am glad it didn´t work out - not because I don´t like Perth but because the IT-business fits much better to me)
Maybe we even see our car still running around. O.K. maybe not - it was built in 1984. But the new owner said he wants to have it as a second car. It was in a very good shape when we gave it away. Why I would be happy to see it again? Well, it was our home for half a year. We slept in it, we drove around in it all day long and saw the most beautiful landscapes. We prepared our breakfast and lunch in it and when the weather was bad we even had our supper inside. In the evenings it gave us protection against wind... well it was our home.
Ingo just e-mailed he can take off at two - I´ll be on my way short after, we´re at my place this weekend. Ingo didn´t know if he can come to my place due to his eye - it´s worse when it´s warm and I live in an oven, literally. So I packed my stuff, too, to be prepared. And I certainly closed all the windows in case we spend the weekend at his place and there will be thunder or something.
Well... it´s a sunny, hot day ( but I have a fan, the Honeywell, at home for cooling).
So , nice weekend everyone :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment