Monday, June 04, 2007

Jam



Rather not this one, but traffic jam made our lives not so funny this weekend! It took me over two hours to get to my family - it´s only some 105km!

It took Ingo one hour to come there, too - for some 8km! Yes, eight kilometers!

So many construction sites on the route, it´s simply unbelievable. Back to work today in 1 3/4 hours, I just hate it!

And it looks so stupid! Car after car after car is standing on the highway - in both directions! On Wednesday I drive back - I will not take the highway for the last part!

On Wednesday? Yep, Ingo planned a little holiday, we´ll be off to Husum then - a town at the North Sea. We´ll even go on a cutter and shell prawns. Well, Ingo will. I´ll probably only watch...

4 comments:

Flea said...

I agree traffic jams are a sticky situation you get yourself in, he he he.

Iris Flavia said...

Well, you can´t compare it with traffic jam in Perth, I guess ;-)

I once ran into a construction site on a highway there and it went all smooth. There were signs, that told you how long they need, what they do, they apologized and there was written "see your tax-money working!" - it was very well done!

Here there is nothing like that. A sign for traffic jams, that´s it...

Wendy said...

It seems EVERYWHERE you go around here, there is some sort of construction that impedes the traffic. I'm so tired of it. So, I've stayed off the highway, but that leaves the rural routes ... which are so slow ... stop go stop go, red light, green light. Ahhh!! I can't wait for the Spacely Sprockets of the world to create hovercrafts where I can float above the traffic jams!!

Iris Flavia said...

How about beaming? I am soooo for it! ;-)
Rural is even more awful - and dangerous, too! Some tractors have blinking lights, others none at all. There are so many accidents, I just hate taking those routes...
When I started my job they said I´ll have to drive for six months only. It´s the sixth year now...