Friday, May 11, 2018

A Slightly Rainy Day



This lille Frisian was so looking forward to the weather, you have no idea!
The very same outfit a "tad" larger just waited for me.

There was thunder, there was lighting, a tiny bit the latter.
And rain.
A weeeeee bit only.

This:



"I´m not standing in rain, I shower under clouds" sadly did not come true.

I finished my book and found non on my kindle I really felt to so I searched for something interesting and...
I do not know why, but this sprang to my eyes:

Reluctant Hero: A 9/11 Survivor Speaks Out About That Unthinkable Day, What He's Learned, How He's Struggled, and What No One Should Ever Forget by Michael Benfante.

Reluctant he might´ve been, yes.
And who would not?!

I remember that day.
I was at work. A newbie still.
CNN only had a horrible picture on it´s one page.
Colleagues who had family in New York freaked out (all were fine in the end).

50-something percent I got covered when dinner-time was around and I had a look at this hero, if you wanna share:



By golly, huh.
Sometimes I think why can´t I enjoy fiction once in a while?!.
Maybe cause I know we have but one life and this just added to this point?

I wished there´d been more rain!

3 comments:

PerthDailyPhoto said...

I think that's one modern day tragedy that everyone will remember where and what they were doing when it happened.. Enjoy your long weekend Iris ✨

Iris Flavia said...

Yes, it´s strange, Grace - so many years have passed yet I have a very clear picture. We´ll try to enjoy - it´s gotton cold, only 18C!

peppylady (Dora) said...

We had a few days of rain. Look like a nice sunny weekend.
Coffee is on