Tuesday, March 19, 2019
Westpac And The Elephant
* We went to Westpac bank to terminate our accounts. And whilst waiting there came this young fella with a t-shirt that had this very motive, the snake/serpent digesting an elephant!
Such a young person and a fan of The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry.
I was impressed.
Certainly, when you´re in a bank you do not take out your cam and try to take a pic, so you just have to believe me.
When we left I gave him a "thumbs up", a smile and said "great T-Shirt!!!"
And he gave me a blank look.
Guess he thought he´s wearing a shirt with a hat as motive :-(
I was tempted to run to the next book shop and show him:
But then I just was too disappointed.
This is the only French book I kept.
And he had no idea!!!
Do you love this book, too?
* I do know it´s written "ce n'est pas" but you don´t pronounce the "n", so...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




15 comments:
Never read it.
Oh, you should, it´s not for children. Now I have the French version, but translated to English one says something like: You see truth only with your heart...
Don't read French :(
I read it many, many years ago. I should read it again :)
magiceye, it´s available in English also :-)
Sami, yes, from time to time I "sneak in". It´s a beautiful book, I think.
Would it be fun for the grandchildren do you think Iris, must look on line for it ✨
Hmm... Grace, I think it´s more for adults!
But then what do I know...
I've heard about the book, but no, I've never read it.
It´s beautiful and full of wisdom, no kid´s book (I think).
I see what you mean Iris, maybe a bit heavy for a three and five year old 😀
But a great read for you maybe, Grace :-)
I've not come across this book, I'll keep a look out for it.
All the best Jan
It's a wonderful, magical, beautiful book. I can't wait till Carson is old enough to be introduced to it -- although I'm not sure he'll really understand it till he's an adult. I'm not sure I did.
Never heard of this book. To me a bank is to transfer money around. Hubby and I been same bank since 2000.
Coffee is on
Jan, yes, do, it´s an adult´s book, actually :-)
Jeanie, I read it (first time) at age... 16? I think that´s old enough. Guess quite a while to wait for you!
Dora the Aussie bank account isn´t useful anymore, as our German accounts work now as easily in Australia, too. So it was an unnesserary fee to pay eacht month.
Post a Comment