Wednesday, October 06, 2021

Good Night, Germany

Reckon such cute monsters simply aren´t into politics, eh?
 
So. We went voting.
For nothing.
Our politicians didn´t like the outcome and "re-think". 
Find excuses.
Chaos in Berlin with the marathon on voting day.
 
We live in Braunschweig and there are many other big cities, too. 
We had no marathon (that I know of - kidding).
 

 It´s no wonder so many people here choose to just not care to go voting.
Signs for just another bad time ahead?
 
This is for Tom´s Signs2, and I am sorry for coming around the corner in such a negative way, but I am just yet again so disappointed by how our politicians make fun of us.
 
If I had a real vote, ... I´d suggest... leave your expensive villas, this should be the place for you, dear politicians....:
 
 
THIS is how people live before they can show they achieved something real, something real good... 
 
Not stating ... well, not even lying... saying you studied - but not telling you were too dumb to get any degree. Or cheated big and got caught or... 
 
Take Annalena Baerbock, for example.... Wiki lets you know: "From 2000 to 2004, Baerbock studied political science and public law at the University of Hamburg. She also worked as a journalist for the Hannoversche Allgemeine Zeitung from 2000 to 2003."
Yes. She "studied" - without a bachelor degree. 
Makes FAT money now.
 
Or how about Claudia Roth, even better!! 
Wiki: "She began her artistic work, which she always regarded as also being political, in the 1970s as a trained artistic director at a theatre in Memmingen." 
 
May I regard this blog-post as being political and join the group, making FAT money?
 
Sorry, Henry 🦁 
 
 
He lost faith in politics for good.
New elections??? After two weeks??? Really?!
And then... if "the politicians" don´t like the outcome again... we try a third, fourth... etc time?
Same in your country?
 
Ingo suggested I add this to help you understand, if it´s different in your place:
 
Me, for example, worked after High-school three months as trainee at an undertaker (in the coffee- coffin-making section). After that I made my High-School degree / studied at University of Applied Sciences (UAS) , as we call it (that´s 8 semesters) and then I got my Master degree (Dipl.-Ing (FH)).
Money ... working with that was "OK".
These politicians (as an example only!!!) have "participated" in some courses. And they say they had studied.
My 12-year old Niece studies, also, at school.
Sorry.
 
Politicians get too much money for not taking responsibility, well reckon you know "the song", too....
Please scroll back up and look at Elmo´s sweet face and smile, we cannot change anything anyways.
 


27 comments:

Nancy Chan said...

Looks like we are having the same problem. Citizens are just fed up. We pay the politicians but they become the masters.

Sami said...

I had no idea the elections had been for nothing Iris! What a mockery of people's voting rights, so why bother voting and then they decide they don't like it! What a waste of money and time too.
No wonder people lose confidence in their political leaders.
Nice Elmo signs though :)

River said...

"Same in your country?"
No. Here in Australia, when the votes are counted, whoever is the loser bows out and the winner takes over. If the winner is already in power, then they stay for another term.
Why do you have to go to Berlin to vote? Do you not have voting booths in your towns? When it is election time here, every city has several voting places to cover all the suburbs and smaller towns all have a voting booth to got to. Voting here is compulsory and your name is crossed off the list as you walk in and they hand you the papers.
I didn't finish school, so never had any degree, but I did always have a job until I retired at 61.

Iris Flavia said...

Nancy, sad, but not surprising...

____

Sami, Yes to it all. All the time and money and "trust" wasted...
Elmo says hi :-)

____

River, no, we voted in Braunschweig! But in the news they took the "desaster" in Berlin as excuse!! What a STUPID EXCUSE!
The voting process is the same, sadly not how they handle it.
Ohhh, retirement at 61, that is great! I´m afraid soon I´ll have to take any job and work till in my 70´s...
Whilst others come here, never work, never leave, never learn the language... and get enough for a good living.

Can´t you invite us for good? ;-)
Australia takes no one over 50. I still have over three months! (kidding, I won´t leave Ingo behind).

CJ Kennedy said...

😿

Iris Flavia said...

Yupp.

Tom said...

...Iris, I'm sad to read your sad post today. I was hoping that with your election that things would improve. My best to you and try to find some beauty in your day.

Iris Flavia said...

Thank you, Tom. Politics.... They´re all corrupt liars, everywhere, I guess.

William Kendall said...

I assume it's proportional representation over there and the need to make coalitions of various parties? That's not how it works here.

Black Knight said...

A very sad post.
Sunday and Monday were election days in many Italian cities and most of people didn't care to go to vote: here people are tired of politics and politicians.

My name is Erika. said...

I'm not up on German politics, so unfortunately I don't know the result of the election and the issues with it. I'm bad! Sorry it didn't go your way.

Iris Flavia said...

William, those lame excuses with the marathon suggest we just get cheated.

_____

Black Knight, sad. And wrong. But then... it wasn´t worth the time here....

____


Erika, I start to not care anymore, either (which is wrong!). They do what they want anyways...
Giving themselves more money.

Mustafa Özbek said...

Politika her yerde.

Divers and Sundry said...

It's sad that politicians have so much power and so little accountability.

Iris Flavia said...

Mustafa - around the world, huh...

____

Divers and Sundry, yes...

gigi-hawaii said...

Here in Hawaii, we vote by mail in ballots. It is so convenient.

Iris Flavia said...

You can do that here, too. They fear manipulation is higher that way, though...

RedPat said...

We just had our election and there was no change at all. The same people are in power so we didn't really need to be voting in the middle of a pandemic.

Bill said...

I don't believe any politician. Once elected, they lie, some funnel money to their wn benefits. You can't trust them once they are elected. All they care about is themselves, power and money. It's everywhere unfortunately.

Iris Flavia said...

RedPat, I think we finally will get rid of darn Merkel.
But it won´t be a better party/leader...

____

Bill. Sadly all I can say: yes to all.
A shame, they are.

Lowcarb team member said...

Our politicians are having their party conferences at the moment!
I sometimes wonder how many people actually listen to what is being said!

Keep positive.

All the best Jan

Jim said...

Good one.

At Home In New Zealand said...

So right, Iris. We cannot change anything. Just have to live with it. Our politicians are pretty much the same as yours. It can be quite demoralizing sometimes.
Even so, keep smiling and have an AWESOME day :) xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I'm SO sorry you didn't like the outcome, Iris, but at least I would have thought you would be happy that Merkel has stepped down! I know how much you didn't like her, but from what I've read, she did a LOT of good for your country.

peppylady (Dora) said...

I recently read something on loosing. Doesn't matter what usually sooner or later they come up with some nutty (personal option) conspiracy theory. The county just south of me is having a recount on 2020 election, to see if can get Donald Trump a few more votes. Idaho is conservative state and Trump took Idaho. But in all honesty if Biden took Idaho, Than I would question it.
Coffee is on and stay safe

Amypie71 said...

sigh. I don't know why politicians think they can try again when they don't like the peoples choice and I don't think why we think they will do any different, they are like children.

Jeanie said...

Politicians are so frustrating -- it's a worldwide problem.