SO easy. SO EASY!
I got a new fav! I finally found filo here in Germany and stumbled over this wonderful recipe by... certainly... Jamie Oliver, whom else?
See the master at work here.
I just worked after the video and after his motto: You can do it this way, or your own :-)
Not a nut-fan, left that. Had some bacon and ham, added that.
Had not 5 but 3 eggs and some curd that needed to go... You get the idea :-)
See, that´s how he makes it fun to learn!
I love that guy.
I didn´t fry it, but whacked it straight into the oven - works! I also took frozen spinach.
Let it in there not 20 but 30 minutes (no frying, right)... and...
Really - I have a new love!
I "might" repeat myself...
Loosing that job was the best that could´ve happened in the aftermath and thanks to Corinna not finding a new job gives me a real break I use for LIVING!!!
AND!!!!
I repeated this dish yesterday - despite Ingo was already home - I usually cannot be in the kitchen - when Ingo is around - after 27 years I can, cool, eh? (Dumb, I know)
See. I always thought, boy, what is that neighbor doing all day?! Kids are nearly adults, she does not work... WHAT? It must be BORING!
It´s not. At all.
And now two companies are interested and I´m SO.DARN.SCARED.
I´d just like to run away.
What if the "wrong" one says yes and the one I want says no or what if I get the one I want and mess up.
Ingo will have a nice time with me tossing and turning at night in bed, scary dreams.
Waiting for #1, #2 is in November.
Getting the stitching out did hurt, hands still do, too, so only "art" is this...
The last week was... on hold. The doc told me to not walk fast in the dark no more.
Will listen.
Ingo took such great care of me.
I was spoiled ALL WEEK!
Addendum, karma, btw.
At the doc people waited outside (Corinna) - I was allowed inside cause getting the stitches removed is a quick job.
Got the last seat available.
Two elderly ladies came in. No more seats available.
So I offered my seat.
Will I ever do that again?
Everybody was quietly waiting, but these two... I was ... after an hour(!) it was my turn, who knows how long these to BABBLED ALOUD ALL THE TIME!!!!
The Asian lady opposite me gave the look I had in mind, too!
So annoying. I wanted to read... Not a chance.
How do some people´s minds work?
But! I was proud of myself.
I´m an extreme introvert. So shy.
When I came out a man, who was already waiting when they let me in - he was still sitting there.
And I addressed him! ME!!!!
We had a nice chat.
I slowly learn! But I do reach out to people, finally.
He wasn´t hurt that bad, so he had to wait.
As this is certainly for Elizabeth´s "T Stands For Tuesday"....
And Henry 🦁








30 comments:
Hi Iris, spinach dish looks delicious, don't worry and good luck on job choice-hugs Happy T Kathy
I can see I am going to have to buy Jamie Oliver's Book, but which one? He has so many. I like nuts, so would definitely use them, but leave out the bacon.
Kathy, thank you. Scary times...
_____
River, hm. I have his 15 and 30-minutes books. And the Italian one - great stories about the country and it´s people included. I have... as you say... too many books!
But you find "it all" here as well. Or on FB! He shares it all for free.
The "Save"-book I found... not so good. But Italy really is a great read. You can whilst waiting for the water to boil or whilst your dish sits in the oven :-)
I watch the master chef at work in the video. He makes it looks so easy. Looks yummy! If I were to make, I will have to eat it all by myself. Hubby doesn't like cheese. Maybe I will wait till my sons are home to share with me. Hope you will get the right job. Doc is right. These days I walk slow and not in total darkness. Take care and stay safe.
WHAT? I never met someone who doesn´t like cheese!
Oh, think you could freeze the pie (but then... it´s too yummy and likely you´ll just have it two times a day, so it won´t even last a week!).
Thank, hope job-wise I´m lucky.
And yes. No more running in the dark! It was so cold I ran to get warm....
The dish looks good.
You should try it! Easy and so yummy!
And even cheap!
Yum, your spinach dish looks fabulous! The drink looks good too! Happy T-day.
Great journal, great story of your doctor's office adventure, and glad you got spoiled. Staying home is never boring for the creative people like us - never enough time. Hoping the right thing happens for you on the job front - I am scared for you too! Fab post, Iris! Have a great week!!!
I like to eat spinach and your dish looks delicious.
Nice adventure at the doctor's ambulatory.
Staying home is priceless, we have a lot of time for ourselves: I am retired and now I can enjoy my life full time!!!!
The spinach in the Filo dough. Mmmm, reminds me of Greek spinach pockets. Sadly Himself doesn't like spinach when it's cooked. Staying home? There's always something to do. A drawer or cupboard to clean and organize, laundry, cooking, cleaning. It's a wonder you can find a few minutes to sit down and have a cup of tea! That's good news about 2 companies wanting you. Happy T Day
It looks like you made a Greek spanakopita (Jamie style). Yummmmmmm. This is such a delicious thing to eat so I can see why you made it twice. Now you have me wanting some. Smile. And sorry you had to listen to those 2 ladies, but you still did the right thing. And the stitches are out-hurrah! You made it. I am also an introvert and shy. I can relate. It is hard sometimes, isn't it just because of the lack of comfort. OK, I have commented enough. Hope you are having a super T day. Hugs-Erika
...it looks like you are a master in the kitchen!
Nancy, you are right - never boring to creative minds, glad to hear that!
And yes... well, silent on the job front so far for this week...
To a great week anyways :-)
____
Black Knight, those noisy ladies.... ever wanted to shout "shut up!!!"? I was so close! A bit respect to others...
YES, you speak of my soul, being home is priceless!!!!
____
CJ, I ate way too much, boy, I feel a bit sick, Jamie´s recipe is way too yummy! Yupp, cleaning in a sec. After I did the dishes. Too much to do, how did I do that before when working?!
____
Erika, if you cook/bake that... careful. I´m so stuffed, his recipe is... awesome. The lemon gives a real kick!
Those "ladies".... rude.
With age I brave up and am always (!) rewarded!!! Nice people everywhere!
____
Tom, crazy, huh? Wish my Mum was still around, I´d say, "HA!!!! Taste! :-)"
I always liked his quick meals although the recipes always took longer than when Jamie did them
Your meal looks tasty, my gust doesn’t like filo so guess what, ha, ha, I use flaky pastry instead
My husband adds his own take on recipes but he very rarely uses one , he’s good at making it up as he goes along
Have a lovely week, enjoy your time while you can
Jan
This dish looks good. I do like spinach.
Yes... 30 minutes, hahahaha.... Took me forever - but it was SO worth it! Yay to your Hubby, too :-)
Divers and Sundry... go for it - easy-peasy - promised!
Your spinach dish looks delish, Iris.
Happy Tuesday!
Your spinach dish looks delicious! I have never tried to cook with philo - puff pastry yes, but philo? You encourage and inspire me to try it. I think I need to look at that recipe. I'm glad your stitches are out, but not so fun that it still hurts and the hands as well. But at least you got spoiled, that is something nice. Good luck with the jobs - I hope it will work out the way you want. Ihear you about being busy even when you only stay at home. Since I quit my high school job I have been busy busy, but it is so much nicer now than before. As you said, time to LIVE !
Spinach in filo sounds wonderful. I love filo papers, but haven't had them forever. Guess that's because I don't go shopping.
So sorry you had to wait so long for the doctor. That in itself must have been traumatic.
Your calendar pages actually reflect your ouch-y this week. I hope you are feeling more like yourself soon, dear.
Spicy ginger sounds good. It's a great entry for T this Tuesday. Thank you again for the incredible postcard, dear Iris.
Yum- love spinach pies and yours does look really good with the filo dough!
Wonderful journal play again- nice to see you keep going with it. happy T day!
Another winner from Jamie! I have 8 of his cookbooks and I love to read them even if I am not cooking from them that day. I write on the page after I have cooked a recipe and give it a grade plus any changes I would do. It is great fun.
It is good to get the stitches out!
You sound so full of life in the post. I am going to make your recipe. Ohhh it looks so good and the kind of food I like. Fingers crossed for a job. You are a kind person for giving up your seat. Have a great day.
Your filo pie looks so yummy :)
I was always a fulltime homemaker and was always busy. It wasn't just cleaning the house and caring for the family, but I also gardened and cooked and made preserves and sewed clothes - you get the picture LOL. I used to get so annoyed when people thought I "did nothing" because I didn't have a paid job!
I like ginger base drinks.
Coffee is on and stay safe
Veronica Lee, try it... don´t over-eat (I did this time, LOL).
____
Carola, I couldn´t find filo and took another - great as well :-)
Go for it, it´s soooo yummy.
Yes, this was the first time in my life I got that spoiled!!
Not that I´ll repeat this scenario, though...
Thank, I great job would be really fine...
And... thank you - nice to learn not having a job can still mean we´re all busy!
____
Elizabeth, any dough does, I didn´t find filo and it´s still yummy with another dough.
The waiting was´t the problem, that´s often the case. But I cannot concentrate on reading when people talk and SO LOUD!
Yes. ouch-y-week, nice saying 🤣
I´m a bit better (Ingo assumes it´ll hurt some more weeks, though.
And thank you - you inspire me to buy all these drinks, before it was tap-water and tea!!!!
____
Linda, the journal helps me to even remind myself of what I was doing all week, LOL.
____
RedPat, that´s a very cool idea to make notes in the books! If you give them away some person will be flattered!
____
Nicole, thank you, huh? Full of life ;-) Binge watching!
Yes, a ... the right job would be a bummer, have a great day today (I´m late..)
____
Margaret, I think more people who work/stay at home should spread that it´s not doing "nothing" - Ingo thinks this, too!
And I really do wonder how I managed working 8 hours and driving nearly 2 hours in addition and still had time for training, reading etc!
I actually love my time-out!
_____
Dora, yes, yum :-)
Your food looks delicious.
Your spinach pie looks delicious with that flaky crust. Yum!
Glad that Ingo took good care of your through your healing process. Hopefully you will be back to normal soon.
That is great that two companies are interested in you!
Love the journal pages.
Happy Belated Tea Day,
Kate
What a happy post! I'm glad your stitches are out. Yay. And that you were well cared for. The cooking lesson is a good one. I've never made that before and it looks delicious.
Most of all, I felt happy when you said this: Loosing that job was the best that could´ve happened in the aftermath and thanks to Corinna not finding a new job gives me a real break I use for LIVING!!!
You're right. I believe certain experiences are placeholders with lessons to teach us till the right thing comes along. Sending good wishes for the next steps!
One of the best decision i ever made was contacting Dr Otonokpo to help me get my lover back, I was life filled with happiness after i contacted Dr Otonokpo because he didn't just bring my lover back to me he also made our love for each other more unique and superb. If you need to spice your relationship with more love and attention contact Dr Otonokpo on his Email Address otonokpotemple@gmail.com, call/whatsapp him via his contact +2348114129781 and be happy just like i am, thanks Dr Otonokpo for your great work.
Post a Comment