See... Henry 🦁 (Heinrich) takes care of his peeps, he provides kale as well!! (yes. "we" name a lot after this old Lion! Don´t tell him he´s considered old.)
Collected by hand, or paw, who knows that?, from the field.
He tends to step off his place occasionally to check on everything and everyone in his town at night (they say).
Maybe he helps with the kale.
Henry then....
It has some water in it, to keep it good, so....
I´m a tad behind, that was before I hurt myself and had FULL power still. And...
This´s all I can give you!
"Trünkohl"????
My Brother had - and still has problems with the letter "r" after a "G", so he always in joy yelled "Trünkohl, Trünkohl!!!!".
It´s Grünkohl, as you can see it´s green.
He yelled it ... to our Father´s dismay.
In our hometown it was called "Braunkohl" - don´t ask me why.
It is more yummy when you re-heat it. But if you do it so often it goes brown.... no. Thank you.
I hate the dark, cold half of the year, but kale makes it all better.
Or... what I´ll show you next T-Day.
Btw. I´m listening on my BOSE to Cuban music right now.
Frugal as I am... wearing a thick jumper, heating is off. The music warms me up 🥰
My hands still hurt (boy. How long will this take?!!!) - so only art again is the mini-mini-journal...
I made spinach-pie and was / am on my way up.
Tuesday I found Gurri on the rack. "Drained" in blood. Why the heck, Ingo ... I managed to get the blood out, thanks to our Miele-washing-machine. And got rid of the mess (I tell you!!!! At night little people come here and make a mess! We have no kids, so... There is no other explanation! Same in your place?)
Wednesday. I got a head lamp. Pic on it is a man, I didn´t grew a beard 😉
The wound on my hand looked like Australia, but Tasmania was on the wrong side!
Hello, glass! Hit me in correct places!
Thursday,
way up, I slowly went outside. Gah. Face and hands still pounding, but,
ohhhhhh... the flowers, full of raindrops, so beautiful!!!
Friday just reading, surfing and having the telly - yay for two big monitors.
Saturday Ingo went to the market, got yummy tomatoes and... AAAaaand Brussels Sprouts.
Sunday the usual, Löwenzahn and Die Maus, fairy tale.
And for Elizabeth´s T Stands For Tuesday I give you this:
Have you seen the movie????
All the kids in the cinema helped Elmo to make 100 raspberries in only 30 seconds!
We were the only adults without kids - but we had Elmo!!!
In case you haven´t seen it, the movie starts with a very worried Ernie. He´s afraid it might all go wrong.
He asks Bert if he ever has seen a movie with a bad ending.
AT ONCE!!!!
Bert said dryly and calm:
"Titanic".
The kids had no idea, but us adults... we laughed our heads off.
All came out fine.
Henry 🦁
And maybe a job.
Please, please please, have fingers and toes crossed.
I came home from grocery-shopping and met... W.
We talked and talked and talked.. at times he speaks as if his wife was still alive, it breaks ones heart.
Suddenly Ingo´s head popped out, yelling at me what I´m doing, B just called!!! 45 minutes ago already!!!
Long story short... I´ll get a phone call this arvo.
I did not listen to my Brother. I spoke as I am (called back at once).
Said, (neighbor-talk, and later Bro said, hey, social skills!) - I said, fast would be good, "I have an app with company "xzy" on 4th and I don´t want that job but yours. "
He laughed and repeated my words - that´s good?
Oh, pretty please.
I think it´ll be a very tough job, please ask my brain to work!
But it would be a dream job.
I keep hopes low.
Better that than getting disappointed...
It´s all "in the making" - soup anyone?
And tomorrow I have a great sign 🎃 from Kathy!













29 comments:
Waaaa Happy Birthday to your baby brother dearest Iris! I know he's now 45 but he'll forever be your baby brother whether he likes it or not! hahaha Love the Kale in the can, that is something I never heard of yet and find very interesting. And your journal page Beautiful! The raspberry milkshake is such a yumm!!! And that Elmo with a blanket, such cuteness!!!
Dearest Stevenson, I´ll pass your Birthday-wishes on, from Brother to Brother 🧡
Kale is very hearty and... yummy! You sadly have to cook away all vitamins, so healthy in this recipe ... not ;-)
Yips, so glad we get frozen raspberries any time and Elmo says thank you!
Happy birthday to your brother, Iris. I also have ever heard of kale in a can. We buy it fresh here and mostly use it in salads, although I made kale chips once.
Glad you got the blood out of Gurri. It would be a shame to have to get rid of it, since it cost so much.
As always, enjoyed your calendar pages. Love seeing your illustrations, too.
Raspberry milkshake sounds so good. Raspberries are so good for you, too.
Thanks for sharing your kale, your calendar pages, and your raspberry milkshake with us for T this Tuesday, dear Iris.
Canned Grunkohl? I've never seen that and it doesn't look very attractive. Brrr! But I like your journal very much and keep my fingers crossed
Elizabeth, I do think we have different kale? Ours needs frost. And then.... salad? Too hard.
I once tried fresh and rubbed in olive oile like forever. You still needed good teeth and a strong mouth to get that chewed!
Gurri wasn´t really that expensive, but she makes so many people smile!
And yay for frozen raspberries!
Thank you for hosting, it´s so much fun to join!
____
Bertiebo, I agree, it does not look inviting, that kale, but ohhh, give it a go, so yummy!!!
Thank you for crossed fingers!! I´m like really nervous...
Our baby bro will always be a baby brother. Happy birthday to your bro. Thanks for an entertaining post. You make me smile.
You are right... and welcome :-)
Happy birthday to your "baby" brother.
Sorry for your hand but despite tha pain your drawings are beautiful.
And yes .... I have fingers and toes crossed!
Grunkohl in a tin! I have never seen that! But I don't think it's kale. It sounds like green cabbage like what we have in Holland (groene kool). And you are right, it needs frost. I like it all mashed up with boiled potato and gravy. Sausage on top... lovely!
Your diary is fun to see. I hope your hand soon improves and that the pain will become less and less this week.
Prospect of a job? That sounds good. Okay: everything crossed here!
Great photo of your grandma and baby brother. He will always be your baby brother. my son is 45 and he will always be my baby.
Happy T-Day,
Hugs,
Lisca
Very interesting can! I love Lisca's idea of adding boiled potato. All your food adventures sound fun. Love the drink and that you go to fun movies. I love the too. I read children's books every chance I get too. We all need to keep that inner child going. HOpe your healing continues fast, Iris. Love your journal pages as always.
Thinking positive thoughts for you on the job! Happy Birthday to your brother. Happy T-day!
I’ll pass on the kale as I think it tastes like grass clippings. 😉 I’d rather have a slice of birthday cake. Alles gute zum Gebrtstag to your brother. I hope you feel better soon and keeping my fingers crossed 🤞 you get the job. Happy T Day
Black Knight - thank you for all three!
____
Lisca, yes, we talk about the same, and frost is a must!
Some take Bregenwurst with it "brain sausage", ewwww, LOL, you don´t get smarter from that ;-)
(no brains in there anymore, either)
Hand is getting better by the day but the chin. Argh. (Could be all worse though).
Thank you for crossing, oh, I´m SO nervous.
Babies stay babies, huh, hugs!
____
Nancy, yes, we had potatoe with it :-)
I never ever thought cooking / baking will become something I enjoy!
But kids-stuff... always - you never get too old for that... hopefully!
Thank you, hope the day really does go well... Bro gets spoiled by his family - I bet!
I have never had kale.
Try it :-)
...I’ve never had kale, but the milkshake looks mighty good.
Is Kohl the same as our kale? I thought it was cabbage. I’m not a big fan of canned vegetables, generally I use fresh.
The milkshake does look good. I love raspberries.
And happy birthday to your brother. Do you remember the day he was born? I remember the day my baby brother was born.
best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com
I never could eat greens out of a can, but I am happy you enjoyed your meal. So sorry your hand is still hurting-and we use our hands allot too-hugs Hopefully soon no more hurting
Loved seeing Elmo and yum your milkshake looks delicious. Happy T wishes hugs
Fresh kale is plentiful in my area so I prefer it that way, and I've not come across it in a can.
Happy birthday to your brother! Lots of family memories huh;)
Elmo, Bert and Ernie were our son's favorites when he was little.
Great calendar pages- love the rose at the bottom left page. And your raspberry milkshake looks delish. Happy T day!
I'm awfully glad your stitches are out and the rest of the healing can begin. And I am thinking all good thoughts about your potential job. I hope it works out. (I've tried to like kale -- so far, we haven't bonded!)
I don't think that we have kale in a can here, only fresh kale.
Jamie is coming on the radio here this morning but I will miss it.
We have fresh kale or frozen, not in a can. I love kale and Brussels sprouts! All vegetables really.
Rainy and dark for the second day in a row, don't like it either but at least we are safe and warm unlike the homeless.
Happy Birthday to your brother. I just can't eat kale. To me it tastes like bitter dirt. LOL However, you go right ahead and enjoy it. Happy to hear you got the stitches out. It will heal fast now. Ohhh I will have some of that milk shake. Yummm. Have a great day Iris.
Happy 44 to your brother. It is amazing how fast life goes, isn't it? TOO fast really. And Elmo and the Sesame Street gang. The MUppets. I want to see the Muppet Halloween. I saw it was playing on one of those stations. The Muppet movie is a favorite. Now I can hear the song. THANKS for a good earworm, and enjoy your kale and shake. And happy T day too Iris. Hugs-Erika
Fabulous post and I hope your are pain free soon, take care and wishing you well again! Happy birthday wishes to your brother and that's a lovely photo of him with your mum 😁. Loving your journal pages and the kale looks delicious, as does the shake - so yummy! Happy T Day! Hugs Jo x
Happy birthday to your brother, Iris.
I've never seen kale in a can!
Your raspberry milkshake looks yummy!
No kale in a can here. I don't care for it but had it many years ago. I believe someone made kale chips. Happy birthday to your baby brother and hopes he had a great one. Rainy hard with strong winds today but it's warm 10C.
I'm not very keen on kale but you make it sound yummy. I would much rather have the raspberry milkshake!
Best of luck with the job hunting. One day it will happen :)
The kale in the can looks awful to me. Green sludge.
Your baby brother is almost the same age as my third child, she will be 45 next month.
I hope your hands stop hurting soon, chin too.
Good luck with the job searching.
The raspberry drink looks great and yummy! The green stuff, not so much. LOL
Sorry to be late wishing you Happy T Day. Hugs!
Post a Comment