Friday, April 22, 2022

Mimimi

 

 (Pic from in front of one of the uni-blocks - railway haunts me!)
What do you say when you´re online, another person (or more!) is waiting and you search for a certain info for them - and they see what you do?
Men say usually "hmmmmm" or grunt... Not pleasant. Or, worse, total silence and you think the system has crashed!
 

I say ... don´t ask me where it came from, "mimimi".
(pronounced in German mememe, not meaning you talk of yourself!)
 
What a day yesterday. Teamleader Denmark called to ask how I´m doing (me, not my work!).
 
Said, your project is on the run, could show, he liked what I did (Excel!, yippeeee - I manage).
 
Then it took a bad turn, on the run another colleague/customer was called for help and both said, contact the boss!
There is a German saying, "Petze, Petze ging in´n Laden..." means.... you go and tell the boss  - a Squealer you are! I don´t want to be that!
 
Teamleader Frankfurt is very involved in Ukraine and helps big, he has my understanding and respect but it´s his job to teach me, which he does not, e-mails stay unanswered... and I work slow, hence. The project is huge and very behind time, which costs a lot of money.
 

I was told the "sub-boss" is not happy with me and I should take action otherwise it´s on me.
 
I did in a very careful way, boss called back at once, is not happy with Teamleader and.... uhhhh.
Said I don´t want Teamleader to call me but give me a document saying roughly what to do where. Otherwise he talks and I write hectically and... gah... no.

Boss confirmed and minutes later....
 
Teamleader via teams on the phone.
 

I ended up helping him with a presentation whilst listening about bullet proof vests and gas masks and horrible things he saw in Kiev. That a guy from Israel came to Braunschweig to help as driver to Ukraine, he lives in his apartment for now... you get the picture.
He sounds so darn tired, was not mad at me at all.
Said I´m the only one listening and he needs that now.
 
I later in the work process said, "maybe I´m dumb!" - "Have met smart ones! LOL, don´t give me such an opening!"
Later in the meeting with 2 others joining I corrected him and he... "do I look dumb?" - I met him in real life (not common these days and let me tell you he is sexy, and I can say that because Ingo is sexy, too, and knows it), so... guess my answer. 
It was a "man´s one".
 
He ended with "thank you boys. (softly) Mimimi" and likely the others now think ... you know what!
 
Second meeting he was searching something.... "mimimi... oh". And he has a real manly voice, LOL.
 
Sorry, I fail to be mad at someone who helps saving real lives and still has his humor. 
He swears A.Lot, though. 
And come Monday I get a new colleague. 
 
It´s tough and frightening. 
Maybe the Pinöpel got a Sister with Mimimi...
 
Henry 🦁 
 
 
It´s tough, and I bet or guess he has other things on his mind again today or took off already. He gives the project Frankfurt away anyways.
No one of the  others understand his priorities - he has family in Kiev, he has the capability, motivation and talent plus courage, he organized two big companies help him - will I break my neck trying on my own, letting him have this "project" first?
 
What would you do?
 
People get bored with it - Ukraine is hardly in the news anymore. Yupp, a war, so what, that´s life. 
No, it´s death. It´s fighting a huge country of a tiny madman. Mostly with untrained men who had to let their wives and children go. Musicians with a gun - but they DO the job.
Who can not have respect?
They only defend themselves, their country and freedom for Europe!
They want to join the EU and the EU hardly helps.

What do I say if the boss calls today... I want this job, but I cannot stab a person who risks his real life in the back... It´s difficult.

 🌻💙💛
 

 

17 comments:

River said...

It must be so hard on him, to do both jobs and still keep his sense of humor. He is a team leader to be proud of. I hope you can still do your part of the work enough to keep the job going.

Bertiebo said...

I think I understand. And yes that's difficult.I'm sure you'll do the best

Iris Flavia said...

Thank you both. I think it´s again a men´s world and only women understand and there.... I am the only one. Even the Spanish are loosing understanding for all this chaos.
They are nice to me, but being nice is not (only) what we need.
It´s frustrating. One German colleague sick, the other a day off etc...

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

It sounds to me that you are one of few who truly understand his priorities. It's too bad his priorities don't coincide with the company's.

Nancy Chan said...

I think it is difficult and frustrating for you working in such a situation especially when it affected your work and it is not due to your own doing.

Iris Flavia said...

Elizabeth, yes, problem is the job does not matter at all to him...

____

Nancy, yes, it is frustrating.

CJ Kennedy said...

Your smart and strong.

Tom said...

...I see tractors like that one at shows.

Iris Flavia said...

CJ, I hope so!!

____

Tom that really seems to be a railway. No, I know it is - the institute teaches railway-stuff. But dome cutie it is!

Bill said...

All you can do is do your best.

Jeanie said...

I think you have to very kindly and in an understanding way say something like, "Listen -- I get where you are coming from and I really support it. But I have been told that if I don't learn this part of the job that is new to me (or do this or whatever), my job is at risk. And I'm told that you are the one to teach me. So we need to schedule a time within the next few days when we can sit down for however long it will take and go through things. I'm a quick learner and I'll take good notes but keeping this job is essential to me right now -- I love it and I want to do my best, but I need your help to do it."

He sounds like an empathic person or he wouldn't be going into a war zone. But he needs a little empathy for you and that takes the form of training. Fortunately, you have been kind and listened to him and I think that's a good set up for his appreciating you and wanting you to succeed. But yeah, you're going to have to be the one to push the issue -- and I know you can do it nicely.

RedPat said...

Jeanie has some good advice for you. He will understand the situation for you and hopefully help you out. Try to enjoy the weekend.

Carola Bartz said...

I really like what Jeanie said here. It's understanding his situation as well as firm about your situation. I'm surprised that you say the war is hardly in the news anymore since I see it on Tagesschau all the time. I don't watch TV here, so I can't speak of that, but it's certainly in our paper. I do agree with you that not only the EU but the world is not doing enough to support Ukraine, and it's sad that Germany through its dependence on Russian oil and gas is financing Putin's war (and so do other countries as well).

William Kendall said...

Under the circumstances he's entitled to swear.

Iris Flavia said...

Jeanie, thank you so much - that is indeed a great way to approach just one more time!
Sadly I´ve been told he neglected his job since years and maybe even does not have the knowledge he should have!
And.... he just ignores job-related things, mostly.
But I´ll give him another go if we don´t manage on Monday by ourselves...

____

RedPat, yes, I´ll try - the sun is shining!

____

Carola, it´s not totally out of the news, but not in the focus as it should be.
And especially for Germany it´s a shame how there is way too little help!

____

William, they all swear. Big, LOL!

DVArtist said...

I just have to agree with everyone here. You have a sensitive heart Iris and that is why you are so understanding.

Amypie71 said...

We still get news stories about the war, sometimes i wish other countries could give Russia a good slap.