So, hope I´m all set for the darn seminar in Dortmund.
I love rails, but I do not like walking past them on my own on a Sunday night, not knowing if I´m on the correct path.
As I don´t eat much I did book the hotel without brekkie and bought stuff that hopefully stays inside.
I hate. Hate new situations with new people. Where I can get lost. Miss public transport etc, etc.
I managed when I was younger "and the world was less dangerous".
In Braunschweig alone I was verbally attacked more than once.. oh, wait, once physically, too, being on my own.
No man by your side > you are free to be taken by some. Here I know where to walk - never been in Dortmund.
Am small, my right arm is weak.
Anyhows, I do not plan to eat out, so...
There is a REWE on the way from the Flixbus-stop so maybe I get some chees.... a, wait. Sunday groceries are closed. But I can take 2 hard-boiled eggs, pepper and an apple for the two days.
Chewing gum, not the Jerky I like but get in Germany and only very little to drink ("Bus"-toilet/toilets in general?).
Tram is a construction site here, likely I´ll walk from home > 1 hour. Over FOUR hours on the bus. And do I HATE this:
And for males > Erwachsener.
> Why does the person does not have one tit?????
Oh, and what about... oh, forget it. I am sick of genderizing - we are PEOPLE!!!!!!!
Do you get any more info with ":r" other than this is an adult and hence payed more than a kid?
What about retirees????? As far as I know they thankfully pay less. Not at Flixbus???
This...
Then walking, 4 stops via subway (where do I get tickets???? It´s underground, scary.) more walking. Endless...
Next morning... walking.
What is the use of being there in Person?????
Costs time, money, is dangerous. I hate this.
Was told by W NOT to rent a car, chaotic driving and Dortmund is ugly, too.
Also no. No driving. I think I´m done with this.
Places I know, no prob, this... way too much stress.
Yes, "get to know the place". How. Far away from the heart of the city, likely cold and rainy and we will be but 8 students.
Yes, a very whiney post. I sleep bad since nights.
No Henry, I´m on my own.
Germany and safe.... in the past. Now we have this:









9 comments:
Hopefully, despite all these worries, the seminar itself will be worthwhile once you're there. It sounds like you're facing a lot, and it's okay to feel whiny about it.
...sadly public transportation isn't much of a thing here! But snack foods are!
I hope you are safe and have a good journey. I'm sure it will be OK, just relax. I think when people look confident and not nervous they are less likely to be bothered by others. But that's just my opinion so who knows if it's actually true. But it has worked for me when I'm uncomfortable someplace. And if you think positive, It will all be good. Right? hugs-Erika
I'm sure everything will be fine and you'll be safe. Hopefully you'll make some new friends at the seminar and perhaps be able to spend time with them for dinner -- or maybe even walking back to the hotel or sharing a ride with them. Just look like you are in charge when you are on the street. You've got this.
Things will probably be a lot less scary than you expect, Iris. Be well.
Its Not Necessarily The Journey , But It Is What Happens During Those Journeys That May Inspire For Years And Years
Travel On ,
Cheers
Thank you all Arrived. Wet. After hours still wet from the rain. Too tired for a shower, haha...
Be safe!
I wish someone could have met you and taken you around to where you need to be. At least you had plenty of food sorted out.
Post a Comment