I´m taking you back to April this year, gosh, these dudes want to come out! ... if only a little...
"Germany to scare: 30 ruins of days long gone
Freisebad, Görlitz, Sachsen
The Freisebad was founded in 1887 by Walter Freise, a medical officer, to provide a bathing facility for industrial workers, as their homes at the time were not yet equipped with such luxuries. He believed not only in the hygienic benefits of regular bathing, but also in its health benefits. After the fall of the Berlin Wall, however, the facility never recovered, despite efforts to find a new use for it.
The Freisebad was closed in 1996 and has stood virtually empty ever since. With a few exceptions: In 2013, scenes for the film "Grand Budapest Hotel" were filmed here."
The Freisebad was closed in 1996 and has stood virtually empty ever since. With a few exceptions: In 2013, scenes for the film "Grand Budapest Hotel" were filmed here."
I saw the movie - never knew it was filmed in Germany...
Henry 🦁
Ya all, have a crittery Saturday!








32 comments:
Hello, Iris
I would enjoy the dinosaur exhibit, they are fun critters. Great photos.
I hope they find a use for the old bathing facility. Baby Henry is adorable. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, have a great weekend. PS, thank you for leaving me a comment.
Loved the photos and the mood in this post. That old bathing facility sounds so haunting and beautiful at the same time. Freisebad must hold so many stories. And Baby Henry is absolutely adorable. Thanks for the wander.
Thank you Eileen, I still have some more to share...
Yes, from the outside the building doesn´t look too bad actually.
Have a great weekend!
Thank you, yes, the "dinos" are sure fun! And would I love to explore Freisebad. Henry says hi...
Hello Iris :)
I enjoyed seeing the prehistoric creatures. A shame that the building where bathing took place for those who didn't have these facilities in their own homes eventually closed down, but at least it served another purpose in the making of The Grand Budapest Hotel, which I also saw, and laughed so much, it was a great film. I loved the photo of baby Henry.
Have a happy weekend
All the best
Sonjia.
good morning the dinsauer exhibit sounds fun to see Happy weekend hugs
Hello Sonjia, more creatures are to come - I´m living in the city, so it´s a bit difficult to come by critters other than cats, dogs, pigeons and ducks...
Yes, it was a great movie! Baby Henry says thannk you, have a happy weekend!
...Iris, thanks for taking me to Jurassic Park!
It is, Kathy, and more is to come - happy weekend and hugs to you and the lake.
You´re welcome, Tom, more on the way!
The dinos are really neat. I hope I see some critters tomorrow when I hike. Not the ones you've shown though! heehee!
The dinos are cute, Iris. Henry would like to play with them.
The dinosaur exhibit would be so fun.
Great dinosaurs! Too bad that everyone thinks they are just for kids.
The horses are absolutely beautiful. And that ruin in Germany is amazing. It has such a mysterious and beautiful feeling to it. It's wild that a place with such a humble history ended up being a movie set.
www.melodyjacob.com
The dinos are amazing. I used to have a collection of them back in the day, they were fun.
Thank you for a fun post and great photos, the dinosaurs are great and so sad that building sits idle, strange when those things happen. But I saw that movie and will have to see it again just for that building!
Dear friend Iris, the dinosaur 🦕 exhibit is amazing. Little Henry is so cute. Warm hugs 🫂 🤗 and much love. 💖
Baby Henry looks like he wants a cuddle. LOVE the dinosaurs. If I had a fence around my garden, I would put dinosaurs out there and my gnomes too. It would have to be a fence with a roof, more like a cage, to stop thieves.
Is The Grand Budapest Hotel movie in English?
Good luck you meet nice critters, LOL. Sadly (?) raining today, I think summer is over...
Yes, RedPat, more to come, they were so cute!
It sure was and more is to come!
Nahhh, there were many adults... oops. Right, I was the only one without a kid!
Well, they were actually dinosaurs ;-) I hope the building will find a new purpose...
More is to come, Bill!
I think I gave the DVD away, I must search! It was a great movie!
Dear friend Linda, much more is to come! Living in the city I sure do have a problem participating with critters! 😉 As in real critters! Much love from here 🥰
Yes, sad about thieves!!! It would be so much fun otherwise!!!
Yes, most DVDs come with English as option - must look today if I still have it - if so... I´ll re-watch today!
I've missed a lot being computerless for a few days. Love the Dinos! Grand Budapest Hotel is one of my favorite movies!
Yes, I read about your "adventure" and yes, one great movie that is!
Post a Comment