Thursday, September 25, 2025

Let´s Be Beautiful

 

Today I join  Rain´s Thursday Art and Dinner Date, taken care of by Cathy with "Beauty Salon".
Quite frankly I  never saw one from the inside...
And for the dinner-part...
 

The internet series:

"Germany to scare: 30 ruins of days long gone


 Rüdersdorf Chemical Plant, Märkisch-Oderland, Brandenburg

The Rüdersdorf chemical factory has appeared in several music videos and Hollywood films (such as "The Monuments Men") since its closure in 1999. But 100 years earlier, the building had been used as a far less glamorous cement factory.

As tensions in Europe increased, the factory was converted to producing the aluminum ore bauxite for the Nazi regime. After the war, Rüdersdorf changed course again and began trading phosphates and agrochemicals until the factory was forced to cease operations."

Henry 🦁


30 comments:

River said...

I have seen the inside of Beauty Salons because here many of them have large windows so you can look in as you walk past. I never go in, it's all too expensive for me. That old factory looks like a setting for a zombie/vampire movie.
King Henry looks happy today.

Bertiebo said...

That is indeed a beautiful place to shoot a film.

Linda's Relaxing Lair said...

Dear friend Iris, lovely place ❤️
In response to your question, I don't participate in links or group blog activities.
I don't mind being mentioned like you did the last time, dear friend, but not for link parties.
I hope you know what I mean.
Henry made me laugh 😂 I love ❤️ this.
Warm hugs 🫂 🤗 and much 💖

Iris Flavia said...

Yep, too expensive and I´m no Queen ;-)
Yes, it must´ve been horrible times...
Henry went to this saloon: nightcafe - a free AI-generator.

Iris Flavia said...

Scary place, rather...

Iris Flavia said...

Yes, Linda, I know what you mean, I meant just like last time 😁
Henry says thank you! Much love and warm hugs back!

Tom said...

...I enjoy viewing the beautiful world!

RedPat said...

Henry looks so comfy, Iris.
I'm off to the salon tomorrow!

Jeanie said...

That steak and mushroom combo looks terrific!

Iris Flavia said...

That is good, Tom, I try that, too!

Iris Flavia said...

What a coincidence with salon, RedPat! Hope you feel Henry-like! Enjoy.

Iris Flavia said...

It is and so easy to make!

Christine said...

Nice beauty salon and yummy steak!

CAAC said...

I love the retro vibe of your salon - fabulous job! King Henry is ready for a massage. :) Nice art and thanks for joining the party, Iris! xo

Iris Flavia said...

Thank you and yes, superyummy!

Iris Flavia said...

Thank you and thank you for hosting, Cathy! xo

DVArtist said...

Great art for Rain's challenge. Yummm on the food too. Interesting about the old building. Have a great day and see you at FFO.

Iris Flavia said...

Thank you and see you tomorrow with a special face!

Bill said...

King Henry looks like a happy ruler of his kingdom.

Linda's Relaxing Lair said...

You are a great friend, dear Iris. Thank you so much 😊 💓

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I get my hair cut at a salon that looks nothing like the posh, beautiful one you drew. Yummy looking steak and mushrooms, too.

That building has a fascinating history and I am SO glad it's now closed.

My name is Erika. said...

I don't usually sit under the hairdryer when I get my hair cut. but that's OK because it always reminds me of what the "old ladies" did when I was kid. Now that I'm an old lady, I don't need that image of me. Grin. Hope it was a super day Iris. hugs-Erika

Granny Sue said...

Henry's looks quite comfortable! And the steak and mushrooms, yum!

Iris Flavia said...

Thank you sharing and letting me share your sweet content, dear friend! 🥰

Iris Flavia said...

Happiness produces happiness, Bill!

Iris Flavia said...

Ingo cuts my hair and me his. We have easy haircuts.
Yes, Germany sure has some lost places from the bad side...

Iris Flavia said...

My hair is so thin, I need no hairdryer (buhuuuu). To getting old - the other option is, well.... ;-) Hus to that!

Iris Flavia said...

Yes to both!

Lowcarb team member said...

Henry is sitting very comfortably.

All the best Jan

Iris Flavia said...

He´s a beauty-king ;-)