Bitter in a sweet way and with it the train gang and I join Elizabeth´s T.
Unlike the ads. Why the the heck show me babies with dirty diapers?
If I had a baby I´d HAVE to buy diapers. Why need a never ending ad for that?
The ads for men and women who need this in older age are far less on TV - how about your place?
Think the latter is more important.
Tuesday: fK and mCA by my side - none HAS to do it, both do.
Yet, fK says "WHAT?!" Seems I have THE chaos-team? She advised I talk to my teamlead. But I kinda don´t wanna chicken out!
See. I´m a trainee. I´m an engineer. I am 53 years old!!!
Wednesday: We live in a "dream world" - we all dream of working together, but, ohhh... meeting with mCA and mAA and wee.... To mCA it is all "Wurscht!" - he was born in Hungary, came to Germany and went back later, so he speaks both languages. ""Wurscht"! And that came with frustration - try not to laugh!!! Boy, I tend to share his opinion!
Said "I´m but a trainee - are you even allowed to help me?" - "You are our colleague!" (male form he used, and yes, that is a compliment!).
It´ll take YEARS to get it right, he said - yes. I am doing maintenance. The tram is build right now, I live in the future!
Thursday: fK keeps calling me "meine Liebe". I "accept" that as it is honest and from the heart. And I know whom she really loves - they have twins together!
I kinda live in both worlds, men and women and yes, I happily am a woman.
Friday: "Do that, man", I was addressed by a Czech, male colleague, - I loved that - after all I worked with men only for 16+ years and kinda was handled as one.
Now I have a friend who takes care I am aware I am female.
I am!!! Men have much more responsibility and what the heck!!!
We are but PEOPLE!
Weekend: Saturday: Sooo tired. My arm... I train it. It will NOT get me down. Will not. Not again.
Treated myself with a croissant and went to the "human checkout" - Bea. We had a nice, short chat - 7 minutes for her to go! And then run - other I´d invited her to a cuppa...
Sunday: Löwenzahn (a kid´s program from my youth): What if energy dies? Think!!!
Now I know how watt and volt work! Why didn´t I learn this at school???
And what else. Trams at Die Maus.
Where do they get "loo-time"?
And it is "Fahrer"!!!! Not "Führer"! I learn so much I do not at Alstom - they think I KNOW all that - how?
If you have to go... you have to go! And you have at least 12 peeps who can hop in when you´re like really sick! In Cologne... No idea about Braunschweig. And then Bro´s job was explained, the optometrist!
And a very great, new fairy-tale! Would I´ve loved to watch it with Ingo, "Krakonos Geheimnis".
The secret was... love, of course.
Munchy:
"Our everyday objects and their unusual origin stories
Treadmills
If this exercise machine feels like torture to you, you're not far off the mark. In Victorian times, the "treadmill" was used as an energy-producing form of penal labor."
I have a walking pad I´ll use as soon as my arm lets me again. And I watch DVDs meanwhile - no torture.














34 comments:
Hello Iris! Happy November! Your drink looks yummy and also i love egg on toast too! So good. I love all your drawings. They are so cute and I adore them. I wish you all the best this month. May you have a lovely and happy and creative time. Hugs!
Gigi Hawaii. Sorry your arm hurts. Hopefully, it will feel better soon. I like how you are treated like a man and are not treated as an inferior person. I also like how people from different countries work together. It reminds me of Hawaii where so many different ethnicities get along. Hawaii has the aloha spirit.
Lovely sketches!
...there's way too much chaos in this crazy world.
A busy week. I can barely keep up with you. Sounds like you have a great bunch of colleagues at work. Mmm, egg on toast. I might have that for my dinner when I get home tonight (9:30 PM) Treadmills are good to hang clothes on. Happy T Day
Thank you, Maria, this is so nice to say! To a happy November.
Aloha to this, now I understand Tom much better!
Thank you!
As my friend fK says, "anyone can do easy"...
You get home from work 09:30 PM?!!! Oh, my goodness, I start at 06:00 AM.... LOL, my walking pad is really just for walking, you cannot hang anything on it! Thank you for understanding it´s busy times...
Nice Eggs - Dig That Henry Shot - Happy Tuesday
You Rock ,
Cheers
The week sounds like it had lots of support from people for you, Iris.
There are many ads here for adult diapers - more than for babies.
Dear friend Iris, your sketches are beautiful and always make me smile 😃 😊
Lovely photos. Henry has beautiful reflections.
Sending you warm hugs 🫂 🤗 and much love.
Happy November Iris, I love your drawings very much hugs from the lake-we have lots of sunshine today
Human checkouts are still a big thing here. I can't imagine those ever going.
A busy week for sure.
Fun drawings. Your eggs and toast look tasty. Time to make some. :)
Happy T Day!
I like mojitos
I like Henry's R. :) And your journal pages. I hope it was a super T day. Keeping this short since we just got power back after lots of wind today. hugs-Erika
Hi Iris! Your Edd on toast looks good. That is what we have for breakfast now and then. Happy t day.
Actually the eggs look like an eggcitent!
Let´s Rock"
Cheers
Yes, RedPat, so many nice people - I must keep that job!
Interesting with your ads - reckon Germans are prude...
Thank you, dear friend Linda! Warm hugs and much love back 🥰
Thank you, Kathy, a happy month to you, too and enjoy the sunshine - I was lucky with that yesterday, too- hugs to you and the lake!
We have six self check-outs and one "human" one... And interestingly especially young people use the human!
Thank you - to eggs!
It was my first one and non-alcoholic.
Oh, boy, we never went out of power, not in all my life, which is quite a lot ;-)
Glad you are back, hugs!
I don´t know if that is a saying or you by accident mixed g with d (which on my German pad is not side by side) but I think I´ll call this now Edd on toast, it is simply too cute! Thank you! :-)
Too much of needed life knowledge is not taught in schools. If I had egg on toast like that it would all fall off when I tried to bite, so I mix with a little mayonnaise to hold it together. Or I would need a knife and fork.
Iris, stop thinking of yourself as a trainee. Your colleagues said it best when they included YOU as a colleague. And guess what? I bet they ask each other things all the time. It's what co-workers do. You have the skills, you're just waiting out the clock. Refer to yourself with them as you are -- part of the team -- and show that confidence.
Oh Iris! I have missed seeing your posts and your fantastic drawings!
Belated Happy T Day, Chrisx
I always love your calendar and your drawings. LOVED the chicken! And that drink sounds bitter indeed. Thanks for sharing it with us for T this week, Iris.
Was Jeanie gesagt hat trifft den Nagel auf den Kopf und ich kann ihren Kommentar nur bestätigen. Du hast tolle Kollegen, die dich so unterstützen.
In dem Supermarkt, in dem ich regelmäßig einkaufe, gibt es nur mit Menschen besetzte Kassen. In dem großen Supermarkt in meiner Nähe, in dem ich nur gelegentlich einkaufe, benutze ich den self checkout - ist schneller, keine Schlangen und ich will einfach nur raus aus dem Laden. Im kleinen Laden um die Ecke, den ich so oft wie möglich (d.h. wenn ich es mir leisten kann) frequentiere, gibt es natürlich nur "menschliche" Kassen. Ich mag beides. Ich hoffe, dein Arm fühlt sich bald besser an.
Post a Comment