Saturday, February 21, 2026

Hi From Perth Zoo?


So we went to Perth Zoo. On a coolish day. 
Clever, huh?
 
I mean... 2019 it was HOT. Signs all around: "animals may hide in the shade". 
And sure they did.
 
2025, January, Hanover. Too cold, Animals hid inside.
 
Now? Not too hot, but huuuuumid! Animals hid. Even that statue hid in shade and we were but tired, so I join ...
 

 Eileen rather with this (from FB)
 

Much cuter, huh?

The Black Swan, Perth´s Icon 🦢 (imagine this emoji is black)
 

 Have a crittery Saturday! (I saw no roo)
 

 

 

16 comments:

Linda's Relaxing Lair said...

Dear friend Iris, the koala 🐨 bear video is so touching 😢 😭
Beautiful and sweet ending.
Sending you warm hugs 🫂 🤗 ❤️ and much love.

Anonymous said...

Touching video and the zoo looks fun-Christine cmlk79.blogspot.com

River said...

The koala story brought tears to my eyes, so lovely that he remembered and later brought his family to visit. The baby is so cute. I wish my fingernails were so strong as claws.

Bertiebo said...

Sooooo sweet the koala video!!!

eileeninmd said...

Hello Iris,
I love the giraffe sculpture at the zoo.
The Koala is cute and I loved the story, they have an adorable family of koalas. The swan family is lovely. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, have a great weekend. PS, thank you for leaving me a comment.

magiceye said...

Everything so beautiful in this post!

Shiju Sugunan said...

Sounds like a great trip! It’s definitely heating up here, so I've had to start cutting my birding trips short lately.

Adam Jones said...

Very cute baby swans, but is the Koala.

RedPat said...

Very cute Koala, Iris. It is +1˚C here.

Jeanie said...

Well, you tried. But ah, koala.

Tom said...

...I love the giraffe!

peppylady (Dora) said...

It took a minute or two to spot the giraffe.

My name is Erika. said...

Oh no. I hope it was still a nice visit even if lots of animals weren't out and about. hugs-Erika

Iris Flavia said...

Dear friend Linda, yes, I thought it was worth sharing! Warm hugs and much love on the way.

Anonymous said...

Thank you all for your comments. As you see I am online. Here in Australia I have the two-step-verification each and every time and this goes over my German phone - which is online - and the verification-thingy says I am offline. ... Security, haha. Off on Monday anyways - Iris Flavia

21 Wits said...

How absolutely wonderful, thank you so much for sharing with us.