The journal:
Monday: We stayed home. Bought standard stuff. I paid Aus$ 1000 for the Cabin. Jetlag. Old peeps!!!Tuesday: I could not buy anything, card: declined! WHAT?
Hillary´s, tired. Too tired for a swim, plus, it was too cold and windy!!!
Wednesday: The stupid bank sent me the international card for our joint account that covers €500. No wonder I cannot pay! Transferred enough money on to that and can pay, yippeee, cabin covered.
Perth, still so out of whack - remember: I cannot sleep on bus or plane! I even took a sleeping pill - no luck!
Thursday: Up early, jumper on. TV: They show winter games as in: SNOW!!!!
Went to get tap-water in PJs and no bra. Ha - THE life!
Friday: HOT, HOT, HOT > pool. Ingo stayed in the cabin, I met peeps from Port Headland and Albany, nice chats till I was COLD, COLD, COLD. The one from Port Headland is into gold-mining with her Hubby and found some nice pieces already!
Weekend: Saturday:
Sunday:

28 comments:
Oh no. So sorry it's cold. I remember we went to England once and my husband never got his credit card approved for overseas so it kept getting declined. Meanwhile I had to use mine for everything. Grumble and groan. Hope it warms up and are otherwise having a super trip. Happy T day. hugs-Erika
...Sunday evening we had dinner with our oldest granddaughter and I lost my credit card. What a pain! Iris I hope that you stay warm and that Ingo stays cool. Be well.
There always seems to be some issue with things when you go on holidays. I hope that you are enjoying yourself, Iris.
Glad you got everything worked out. Enjoy your time there.
Hello,
I am glad you were able to straighten out your money and bank card problem. Now it's time for fun. Take care, enjoy your day!
Good that everything got sorted but it's still a pain to deal with. Have fun and enjoy your day.
It's always a challenge to travel that far from home but the time difference sounds really terrible there. Just lay low and do gentle things till you get your groove going. (Oh, the card problem -- glad you got that fixed!)
Dear friend Iris, I hope you are enjoying your time. I am glad you got the issues sorted.
Sending you warm hugs 🫂 🤗 and much love.
What a terrible mistake with the international card. If I ever go overseas I will make sure to check the amount before I leave my country.
Even though it's cold, I'm sure it's warmer than here. And no snow! We got another inch of snow last night. Today's temps. may make it over freezing 32° F. so we might get some melting of the snow pack. Enjoy the warmer temps. and sunshine for me.
It's good that everything eventually got sorted.
Time to relax and enjoy your time away.
All the best Jan
Hallo Iris, das Bankkartenproblem erinnert mich an unseres vor mehr als 20 Jahren, als wir zuerst in Mexiko und dann in New Orleans waren. Ab New Orleans funktionierte sowohl Edis Karte als auch meine Partnerkarte jeweils nur einmal am Tag. Im Nachhinein stellte sich heraus, dass das Reisebüro uns die Reise doppelt abgezogen hatte, weshalb unser Konto übrzogen war. Natürlich konnten wir das aber erst am Montag klären, und als das Problem prekär wurde, war es in NO Freitag Nachmittag. Wir mussten ein Wochenende lang vom Geld unseres Kindes leben und uns von Kartoffelchips ernähren. Aber wir haben es überlebt und inzwischen ist es eine Story 😉
Alles Gute aus Österreich, Traude
rostrose.blogspot.com/2026/02/reisebericht-2025-vancouver-teil-1.html
Thank goodness for internet banking, it's so much easier than when we use to have to go to the bank to get money out. perth...cold?
Oh phoney, it got cold? So sorry, Iris, I know you were looking for sun and warmth!
Yes, it was a pain with the credit card, but I solved the problem, then internet... gone!
Thank you, Tom, we got it all sorted - hope you got your card back!
We managed it all and had a great time, RedPat! Thank you!
It was way too short!
Yes, it was a pain. And I still do not have the correct card! Aw, well...
Yes to all of that!!! But it was worth it all!
All that yes and back (I only see you now!).
Problem is... all stuff goes on my name, not Ingo´s and the cards look alike :-(
Sure MUCH warmer - I enjoyed for all of you!
Hihi, relax. Too much to enjoy :-)
Ach su weia, das ist ja noch schhlimmer!!!
Aber! Man hat was zu erzählen :-)
My bank is in Frankfurt, some 300 km from Braunschweig. Ack! And yes, Perth > cold!
Well, it was too cold for the season - at daytime: T-Shirt weather, though :-)
Oh, we sure were happy and did!
Post a Comment