...with which I join Elizabeth´s T... if late.
The journal:
Monday: Ice-rain,
chaos on the streets, what a start to the new week. Snow again. Bleh.
On Straya Day! Brüderchen (my Brother), fK and my T called via
What´sApp, oh, sweet.
Kicked us out at Frankfurt main train station, but Ingo got the job done with public transportation.
Hotel Platzhirsch - two years had gone by and their server-robots have not improved.
And
then! Brought out garbage. W (aged 84) was shoveling snow. I was just
in a jumper but we chatted for half an hour and he takes care of my
lille Christmas tree :-)
l packed up and due to snow and stones via Uber to the Flixbus.Kicked us out at Frankfurt main train station, but Ingo got the job done with public transportation.
Hotel Platzhirsch - two years had gone by and their server-robots have not improved.
Tuesday: Up early, brekkie. Me too nervous to eat.. In the icy cold to the shuttle and then wait forever for the flight to Singapore. A seemingly endless flight - but Ingo got the best seats - last row, just the two of us at the window.
On to Perth - same seats! Could not sleep - neither on Flixbus, nor on the planes and eating is a real misery.
On to Perth - same seats! Could not sleep - neither on Flixbus, nor on the planes and eating is a real misery.
Wednesday: Germans get winked through at customs and we got - after running - an immediate train to Perth CBD, ran, got the next to Warwick in a blink of an eye and off via bus to Madeley ONE big room. No living- and bedroom.
Ingo was tired, I wanted to watch TV - old cabin:
Close the door.Here: One.Big.Room.
One small table, an extra kid´s bed in the way, only ONE chair, door to toilet/shower opens itself, blinds don´t close - nice "update".
You wear dresses? Well -no place to hang them
"Designers" at work.
Porch: No chairs, no table.
Plan: Listed all up in English. Be friendly and ask for changes.
NO UPGRADE! But OK now...
Ingo was tired, I wanted to watch TV - old cabin:
Close the door.Here: One.Big.Room.
One small table, an extra kid´s bed in the way, only ONE chair, door to toilet/shower opens itself, blinds don´t close - nice "update".
You wear dresses? Well -no place to hang them
"Designers" at work.
Porch: No chairs, no table.
Plan: Listed all up in English. Be friendly and ask for changes.
NO UPGRADE! But OK now...
Thursday: Stuff gotten done. No jet lag!
Went to Joondalup,Ingo got a hotspot so we can be online, it was drama.
Australia: 5G. Germany... 3G... Vodafone said no, Telstra found a solution, yippeee!
First Grill´d, sadly not made with love. Gave the token to the police-campaign (there are three buckets, choose which you support).
For their wonderful concept see here - local matters!
Friday: Jet Lag hit. Hard. Long story short: I managed to get the cabin arranged to our demands (we did not get the Cabin I booked) and fell asleep inbetween. Bummer - officially old! Happy on the porch in the heat
Weekend: Saturday: Up in the middle of the night, French on Camembert... Cheese, are we.
Sunday: Pat picked us up and we went to their home - sooooo nice to meet again. Later our Monday Mural host popped in with her hubby and we hit the pool after a BBQ with burger patties from: Grill´d!!! We got a ride home along with a cappuchino for me.
Bare with me ... 8 hours to catch up on, no money (I got the problem solved and all is fine now, if complicated).... Swan.. tomorrow!







12 comments:
Big Hugs ,
Cheers
Hello,
I am glad you arrived safely. I am sorry you did not get the cabin you picked out. Maybe they will change it for you. I enjoy your sketches, they are fun. Enjoy your vacation! Take care, have a great day!
That sounds like the cabin needed some extras, and that was quite the trip to get there. But you are there. I hope you're relaxing and enjoying your break. hugs-Erika
It sounds like quite the start to your holiday, especially with the cabin, then the jet lag. But now you are there, you can relax and enjoy! Maybe your cabin will become available soon.
...Iris, you are there and that's what is important, enjoy!
I hope the jet lag leaves soon, Iris.
-9˚C here this morning.
Too bad about the cabin but yay for friends and bbq's and swimming.
yay you're in Perth! time to enjoy some good warm weather.
Thanks to all of you! We are OK now with this cabin. The others booked ours for 6 whopping months so we lost out.
Pleased you arrived safely... now to have a super time.
All the best Jan
Dear friend Iris, I am always thrilled and excited to see your sketches!!! I love your art! Sending you much love and warm hugs.
What a week! But all good in the end! Pool and barbie sounds delightful.
Post a Comment