Sunday, July 08, 2007

Lazy Sunday

We didn´t do much today...
We started with a yummy brunch that included prosecco in cans, strange, but the one with added lemon was really tasty:



I got the rose here from the supermarket Edeka (german), who celebrates it´s 100th birthday.
They are a big bunch - but still you get the trolleys for free! Can you believe this?! Everywhere else you need a token or a euro - not here!

We wanted to take a guided tour on the Oker, the river that runs through town. But... nahh.. the weather wasn´t inviting!

Instead we had roulades with heart-shaped noodles (you can click to enlarge) - YUM - Ingo let the roulades simmer for way over 90 minutes, the meat was so dry, it just fell apart when you simply looked at it! It fell apart on our tongues, just plain right (and two more are left for tomorrow!!):



The weather warmed up a bit - my apartment got all sticky from the cooking - but I can´t open the window - the restaurant underneath has it´s doors open again - the stink of old cooking oil is just everywhere - again!
I complained via online form at the town again - last time it worked - keep fingers crosses they help again!
So... if you ever visit my town: Don´t dine out at "El Mundo"!!! Knock at my door instead - although I´m not a good cook, I can fix you something that´s at least not "eeeek!!!"... ;-)

I´m really good in making three-minuts-noodles with olives and Mozzarella, if you wanna give it a try, you´re welcome!

3 comments:

Wendy said...

Is that meat in a can???? Boy, those crescent rolls look delicious! Are they stuffed with warm cheese and asparagus?!?!

I love to read your blog. You always make me smile. :~) (no olives with my noodles please.)

Flea said...

The heart shaped noodles looks interesting. Wow, your food sounds also interesting ... never heard of it before?
I also just try to cook nice stuff, I have a few favorites but my hubby is the real clever cook here.

Iris Flavia said...

Thank you, Wendy and Hann and dito :-)
No, there is a Gherkin in the can - Ingo said, he´ll put the receipe in here, too, so, if you (or hubby) wanna give it a try... it´s really yummy!