
I was in the city and the weather was real bad. I was on the marketplace and went into a cathedral to get away from the weather.
Man, it was dark inside! I could see that someone was in there, too, but my eyes needed some time to adjust to the darkness.
The man was really huge - and really angry, asking me what I thought I was doing to simply walk in there like that?!
Gosh, he frightened me!
But when I explained I was looking for shelter from the bad weather, he calmed down.
I looked at him, he wore something shiny, like made from metal.
He tried to make up for screaming at me and started chatting with me. The topic quickly went to seals, and I told him I had seen some in our last holiday, too.
Then the clock rang.
I realised I had met Duke Henry the Lion, that it was just a dream and my first thought was, "and I am talking about seals with him?! I should have told him about the latest meat scandals here in town!"
Darn it, really?! We have indeed seen seals in our holiday in Husum.
And in July we spend two weeks here in my town. We went into museums as well and in one of them was a huge statue of the Duke, right in a dark corner. The statue had a coating of nails, a symbol for rehabilitation after the war. It impressed me a lot.
I just wonder why my mind took so long to work through this???
I hope if I ever meet a real celebrity, I come up with something better than seals to talk about!
Oh, btw: I found a site that shows some of Brunswicks´ monuments.
Odd was also, he spoke to me in today´s accent and not as if he was from the 12th century. And I didn´t realise it. Have to ask my mind to take care for that in the future....
Has anyone a weird dream to offer, too?
Apart from that I have to say I´m sadly really used to hearing in the weather-news that it´s "too cold for the season". This morning I heard a new one, it is "way too cold for the season". Awww....
1 comment:
Oh my!! That is too funny!! How odd ... seals!! LOL! Well, I often have strange dreams, but ... at this moment, I cannot think of one!!
Post a Comment