Wednesday, July 29, 2015

(Not Really) Funny - Over The Rainbow



Ingo still had something to do at home so I went to the city by myself to meet him later there, delivering the original "Little Giant Girl"-T-Shirt to the T-Shirt shop to reprint it for Niece on a pink longsleeve shirt.

Next I went to Thalia to get another part of a pressie "my" book-store, Graff, does not have.

3rd floor. Slow escalators with glass-walls, gahhhh. No Ingo, either, more gah!
(Stupid) Fear of heights!
I managed up.

Searched and - weird enough! - by chance saw manual music boxes, something we haven´t seen around for at least two years!
Maybe Thalia had them for ages, but, us... Graff, right?
Amongst the five on display was "somewhere over the rainbow" - sorry, evenings are getting dark already, this is the best we could do:



Ingo´s fav ad in Perth, he got it on his tablet (and my HUAWEI) now.



Online it was sold out already.

Weird, huh. Got three interesting books on health and how our brain works - and luckily the stuff I actually wanted.

I asked the cash-out-lady, my age, btw, where the lift is, mentioning my weird, useless fear of heights.

She got a tad hectical and offered to help me down the escalator.

I thanked her but said I prefer the lift.

Ummm... she didn´t know exactly, she is claustrophobic.

By golly, I nearly had to laugh!
Is that part of getting old?! Guess so, huh?

Really, no kidding: Later we saw a documentary on two men, one blind, the other without arms, helping each other.

Sometimes I´m not sure.
Is life laughing about me, at me, is it all coincidence, is it awesome, what?

Somewhere over the rainbow, way up high
There's a land that I heard of, once in a lullaby
Somewhere over the rainbow, skies are blue
And the dreams that you dare to dream, really do come true

Someday I'll wish upon a star
And wake up where the clouds are far behind me
Where troubles melt like lemon drops away above the chimney tops
That's where you'll find me

Somewhere over the rainbow, bluebirds fly
Birds fly over the rainbow, why then, oh why can't I?
...


4 comments:

Sami said...

What a pretty music box, don't think I've noticed them around either.
I had to laugh Iris, you with a fear of heights and the shop assistant with a fear of closed spaces...but working there and not knowing where the lift was is also funny!
Just saw this ad recently on tv.

Iris Flavia said...

Well, she had an idea where the lift might be and was right.
I could/should´ve asked for the stairs anyway, huh, much healthier :-)
Yes, nice ad, we don´t have it here.

Revrunner said...

I know why I can't fly. :-)

Iris Flavia said...

Well. Unromantic but true :-)