Saturday, July 18, 2015

Walk With Me



We finally visited our Walking Garden.

"He", in German a garden is male, lives now by the river Oker near the theatre in museum-park.

He is an urban gardening project, walking around town since May 17th this year.
Since he can´t feed himself he needs our help. If he has fruit or herbs to offer, you can take them in return - nice idea, no?



He friendly greets you with this sign and explains why he needs your help and how you can do it.

In the future he might have strawberries on offer, but we were too early - and too late for a feed:



He had to encounter some dumbheads who knocked him over, but all in all Braunschweig people do care and give him water and new plants :-)



I love this town!

6 comments:

Revrunner said...

Curious, I normally think of a garden as "it". :-)

Iris Flavia said...

I know, but I can´t. I also fail to call a car "she" and have difficulties with the sun and the moon, being the opposite sex in German and French (and who knows in which languages, too).

Plus.. I mean. He "walks", that makes him a person, no?

Sami said...

That's an interesting concept and great that you can take some produce too. In Fremantle there's a street where people have vegetable and herb gardens in the front yard and you can also pick things.

Iris Flavia said...

Cool - where is that street? I love such projects.

Red Nomad OZ said...

That is SO COOL! It has to be 'he' because 'he' needs all the females to help him, yes?!

Iris Flavia said...

That´s true, too! And aren´t flowers female as well? He´s a Gigolo!