Saturday, September 21, 2019

Timewarp - The Poor Boy



Weee, let´s go back to last Saturday, I´m like really behind here!

This is a reflection of a building from the 13th century - Gewandhaus - in a building from the 70´s (Karstadt Gewandhaus).
We´re not in Perth, right.

Actually the morning started like this, sunny enough to create...



From here:



Still green outside and we do have still flowers, too!



Yes, we went to the market.



And it´s time again for...



... pumpkins!



I remember one weekend, back in 2006. We didn´t live with Ingo´s Grandma anymore, but we visited each time I was there (weekend-relationship - Ingo checked on her every day, certainly).
A village. You could not even reach the steps and already she ripped the door wide open and shouted happily "my children!!!", "meine Kinder!!!".
Oh, do I miss her... and yes, Ingo was her Grandchild.

"Ingo..." - when someone starts like this it does not mean anything positive.
She forgot a pumpkin in the cellar.

She took my arm, opened the main door WIDE and told me to wait with her outside.



(this is another pumpkin, one Ingo carved when it was still fresh).

You could hear Ingo from the cellar.
"HUAHHHHH" - he tried - and managed - not to puke and his Granma all the while went, "the poor boy, the pooooor boy...!!!"

The smell was awful, there was icky water, ewww.... Grandma and I stood like soldiers when Ingo made it past us, "HUAaaaa"-ing.

I really wonder how he still can eat this "stuff", uhhh...

Lion of the day, some big ones, too!



"The poor boy - der arme Junge" - it still makes me laugh to see a pumpkin!!!

11 comments:

Tom said...

...fall is a time of changes, both in the natural world and in people. Enjoy your changing life.

magiceye said...

Loved the 1st pic very much!

Iris Flavia said...

Tom, I´ll try.

magiceye, yes, some beauties are everywhere!

William Kendall said...

The second one is my favourite.

Iris Flavia said...

Just a shadow...

Alexandria said...

Beautiful pumpkins representing the fall.

Linda said...

Great reflection and shadow!

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Nice to see there are still some 🌹🌸 around Iris and thank heavens Ingo has forgotten the rotten pumpkin incident.. would be a shame if it put him off enjoying delicious pumpkins 😉

Iris Flavia said...

Alexandria, thank you. Fall is still acceptable, right.

Linda, yes, it was beautiful!

Grace, huhhhh, pumpkin really is not my thing. ;-) At least not the way Ingo prepares it... All I do is laugh about pumpkins :-)

Jeanie said...

The poor boy! Yes, I wonder about how he can eat that too! But I do love pumpkins. Not so big on eating it, although there is a pumpkin soup recipe I like and it uses the canned pumpkin so no smell!

Iris Flavia said...

:-) yes, the poor boy bought pumpkin yet again!!!
I tried again, but, nahhh, I do not like it. As a soup maybe, too?