Friday, February 28, 2020

I Finally See A Pattern! Kick And Dance



Genes. Can be bad.

My Great-Grandmother just said to her Daughter who was cleaning the windows: "Don´t hurt yourself, you might cut your finger and bleed."
She said that, no screaming or such.
My Father´s Mother fell, unconscious.

(I cannot remember her, hence "Granma" would sound wrong).

I opened a magazine.
Flipped through. Pictures of burned people at the London Tube incident.
I did not faint, but I had to lie down, no lunch for me (ages ago, I still lived at my parent´s home).

Never, please never tell me stories like "I burned my finger at the oven" or such.
A Kommolitone did that and SHOWED ME I had to grab the handle to not fall.

Etc, etc.

We fight! Yes, we do. A lot, since I lost my job and fail to get up and fight the system, too.

Pie maker. "Hot". Pizza maker. "Hot".
Oven "EXTRA HOT".

We fight, we have the food, Ingo leaves the kitchen, I´m too frugal to throw the food away, so.
I brave up and DO. It started with the pie maker (I ended up making 20 meat pies!!!)...



And I did not burn myself!!!

Hello, big oven, I might try you again!

Pattern: I need a very big kick in the butt and then I can do (nearly) anything I can do!

I still wait for professional help for my job search, though.

The meat was too dry, not good, Ingo said (I´m a beginner, that was my very first try!), but this red cabbage...



My Brother went (on the phone): "WHAT do you want to add??? Jam??? Cinnamon?! YIKES!"

But Ingo said: "Yum" (at least one part was yum).
Do you eat red cabbage and if so, do you add (apples were in already) other sweet items? Learner here!

Darn oven, I guess I won.

I need another BIG KICK. But I WANT that coach. I don´t want to RUIN my work-life!!!

My T, btw! If you have anxiety attacks, are depressed at times or such, this might help: a so called "weight-matress".

He got one from his new girlfriend and told me.
I often in my sleep sneak under Ingo and he hates that cause he wakes up.
I need weight on my body to calm down and I´ll get such a blanket! Do you have one, too? Ingo got me one, it´s supposed to arrive tomorrow!

I used the big oven - I dared, is that worth celebrating? (I did a mini courage dance and yes, I know to most this is nonesense, to me it was a big step).

Lion of the day... the meat...



But hey! I also braved up and used the big pan! Two tongs, but I made it. Yes, I´m a beginner with cooking.
But I battled my fear of burning myself.
AGAIN!!!

Dance with me (a bit?).

16 comments:

Tom said...

...I´m frugal too, waste not, want not! Be careful Iris around hot stuff.

River said...

Your fear is almost a phobia in its intensity. I don't eat red cabbage, I prefer the green. I'm glad you managed to use the big oven, keep trying until you become used to it.

Iris Flavia said...

Tom, noooo! You have to say: Good, brave up more! ;-)

____

River, ohhhh, yes, the green one! We had some and this weekend, if it looks good, we´ll get Wirsing.
Yes. It is, or was a phobia (is?)... horrible. Hence, dance with me. I managed nearly on my own (kick in the butt as in "someone" just leaving the kitchen).

Valerie-Jael said...

Trotz Allem, dir einen schönen Tag! GlG, Valerie

Ella said...

We are so different and yet we have so many things in common … right?
The difference is that I am not afraid of fire, of hot things ... If I bake a loaf of bread ... I take the loaf of the mold with bare hands! Wonderfully warm!
The common things … I have exactly the blue tongs, like those of the red cabbage salad ... but with apples! So is at its tastiest! LOL
"Ooh
You can dance
You can jive
Having the time of your life …
Ooh, see that girl
Watch that scene
Digging the dancing queen!" 👑
Enjoy your day! Hugs! 🤗

Iris Flavia said...

Valerie, "trotz allem"? Es hat mir sehr geholfen!
Sonne ist gerade da, dir einen schönen Tag!

__

Ella, yes! Different, help, "warm"??? Bare hands?
Together: LET´S DANCE!
Hugs and a happy day to you, too!

Mae Travels said...

German-style sweet and sour cabbage is also a favorite of mine. I also like cabbage cooked with bacon, not being a vegetarian. Good luck with your cooking experiments!

best...... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Iris Flavia said...

Mae, thank you, I´ll give my best :-)
Or Ingo. Or us...

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I dye fabric using red cabbage, but won't eat it cooked. It's ok in salads, though.

We all have our phobias, Iris. Yours is being burned. Mine is fear of height. ANY height more than 12 inches off the ground. It all stems from 5th grade when I was pushed down an outdoor staircase made of wrought iron. We had a fire drill. I froze. Some kid behind pushed me. Now I am so afraid of heights, I get either disoriented, or experience vertigo. Keep plugging away. I am proud of you, because you are doing better with the oven than I am with height.

Bill said...

Congrats to you for taking on the cooker. You win by showing your strength. Next time it will be easier and before you know it, you'll be a bonafide certified chef. Yup, you're on the right track. :)
Have a wonderful evening Chef Iris!

Small City Scenes said...

Well all is not lost it seems. Good for you for being brave and at least trying-----and by trying you are winning
MB

William Kendall said...

I think it's been years since I've had red cabbage.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Well done Iris, definitely a moment to celebrate.. small steps can lead to big things! I'm proud of you, keep it up but take it slow, to can't undo all the years of fear in one day xox

Haddock said...

That arty mess looks interesting.

Iris Flavia said...

Elizabeth, hahaha :-) I can´t even walk on stairs with glass or use lists with glass, fear of height!
Not funny, is it. YOu at least have a reason, I do not, never anything bad happened!
Up is OK, but down?! Once Ingo had to hold my hands and it was step... pause... step... pause...
I do not think I can overcome that, we´re sisters in that.

____

Bill, thank you, too! Hehe, "chef" :-)
A great day to you!

____

MB, yes, and I´ll try again (eventually).

____

William, it was really yummy.

____

Grace, thank you, yes, I will take it slow, today Ingo will have to do the cooking! ;-) xox

____

Haddock, yes, I must´ve been either scared or bored or proud ot all to even see that ;-)

Jeanie said...

The secret to cooking anything is being cautious with the equipment. Use good hot pads on the oven. If you can find or make one of those wooden things that pulls out a rack and pushes it in so you don't have to touch it, get one. I should show a photo of mine on my blog -- it's one of my main pieces of kitchen equipment and it's basically a ruler with a couple of notches to push and pull! If you're making meat get a good meat thermometer and use it and always plan to cook less because you can put it back in. (I have the worst time timing chicken and other meat.) You can do this, Iris. You can and you will. And meanwhile, I'd like to have a word or two with Ingo about how a little too much honesty said the wrong way can be a little hurtful. There will always be room for improvement in everything we do, but being kind matters!