Tuesday, February 25, 2020
T STands for Take Me Home
This cuppa sat in a carton with a sign: "Take me home! Give-away!", together with books and some other stuff.
Do you have this, also?
My T says it´s getting rid of rubbish and I always say: No!!! Maybe someone likes some!
I did, both ways, too.
Food wise... Guess. Leftovers!!!
We had Toast Hawaii in our mini-oven and hence, as I cannot work an oven (genes. My Dad´s Mother fell (really!!!) unconscious when you said "blood" and me - only NEARLY!!! when you say: "Don´t burn yourself", hence... no oven (I manage some kitchen tools, like a pie and mini-pizza-maker by now!).
So, pic above is a piece of toasted toast (I manage), ham (cold), cheese, pineapple and a hearty bite ;-)
Another 60-90 sketch (This is what it´s all about):
I miss the "quick" times.
No time to think.
Look, paint, done.
So often I wished they´d granted us a few more... seconds, minutes, but reckon they were right. This is a good time-frame, the models just went away.
DO!
Do you have art-courses like that? Here it´s expensive... Back then it was for free, certainly).
Taking part in Elizabeth and Bleubeard´s "T Stands For Tuesday".
My Lion of the day today:
I was just passing by. I admit.. I am too frugal here in Germany to sit down for a cuppa.
Being in Perth it´s another story, I save my money for that!
My Brother says it´s wrong. I should spend my money here.
Hm. Sitting in the cold or in the scorching sun, I choose the latter!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






28 comments:
Yes people often put out their Junk/treasures for others to take! Fun cu and saucer! I picked up some big flower pots recently. Enjoy your meal! Happy T day, Valerie
...if I asked for Toast Hawaii her on Maui I'm not sure if they would know what I wanted! "Take me home" by all means, that's neat!
Valerie, yes, I think it´s - for stuff that is not trash - a good idea!
Today it´s Brussels Sprouts soup again :-)
___
Tom!!! LOL! You really asked for that toast in Hawaii???? It´s a German dish from the 50´s! :-)
Actually rather sad. After the war the Germans dreamed of beautiful places (certainly) and assumed Hawaii is one (it is, as you show us, thank you! :-) ).
It was thought pineapple is THE fruit and since no one had the money to travel to Hawaii a chef came up with the toast. There is also a pizza and please don´t ask in your place ;-)
The cup is very beautiful and to be honest, I will say "Come to my house! I will not give you away!" 😅
I was shocked by your Hawaiian Toast! Don't do it anymore! LOL
The sketch is beautiful!
I also want the cups with the lion 🦁 paw 🐾 prints!
I'm going to make a sandwich, I'm hungry!
Hugs! 🤗
Ella, it´s yummy (when Ingo makes it). News to come: I might be able to do it right, too!!!
The cup went into the street a bit after - it was too big!
Brussels Sprouts soup on the way. I´m hubgry, too!
Hugs :-)
I sometimes see free stuff sitting on curbs. I got a full set of old World Books that way. I would gladly take that cup and saucer home with me. It is beautiful. But so are the lion paws on the cups in a cafe.
Lovely drawing. I can tell the sketch is quick, but it's still mesmerizing. And the idea of ham, cheese, and pineapple actually sounds good, even for this vegetarian.
Thanks for sharing your art, the sandwich, the free cup, and the coffee from that cafe with us for T this Tuesday.
The ham is no "must", bet it´ll be yummy without, too. Take double cheese :-)
The cup went back on the street and found a new lover.
Thanks, dear host, happy T-day!
Wow, that Toast Hawaii look so yummy! Is that pineapple that I see on top, oh please can I join you for lunch ...lol 😉. The sketches are amazing, I don't know how you draw them so fast. I'm loving the lion paw prints on those pretty cups and saucers too - fabulous! Happy T Day! Hugs, Jo x
Jo, yes, just follow the link, pineapple :-)
You can draw so fast when you have to! And sometimes that is good, too! :_9
Happy T-day and hugs!
I love your heart plate and cup and to find for free even better. Yes many do that here too, or donate items to charity so they can sell or use.
My Mom who grew up cooking and baking on a wood cook stove, loved her toaster over in her 80s-she was fascinated how fast it was lol
thanks for sharing your drawings, and the lion footprints-to sweet Happy T Hugs Kathy
I like that new cuppa. And very funny what you call Hawaiian. Not ha ha funny but funny it has no pineapple as it would here. It looks yummy. Happy t day Iris. Hugs Erika
Kathy, that is good that you have that, too! And yep, toaster is quick - and easy! Happy T-day and hugs, Iris!
____
Erika, yes, it´s a German dish from the 50´s when Germans only could dream of Hawaii after the war and thought pineapple is THE fruit there. Actually sad... (see link above).
Yes, people will put all kinds of things at the curb with a sign that says "free". many times it's a piece of furniture like a cabinet, desk, or chair. I do love that red heart plate and mug:) Never heard of Hawaiian toast- but there is a Hawaiian pizza that has cheese, ham and pineapple- haven't tried it though. Have a great week, and happy T day!
Yes, we put out useable items we no longer want. It's a win-win. That's a darling cup and saucer. So are the lion paw print ones.
Happy T-day! Eileen xx
Great Freebie ~ Lovely drawing ~ Blessings on your day!
Your Hawaiian wolf made me smile. Looks like something out of Game of Thrones. Cute cups and saucers. Happy T Day
What a great red cup and saucer! We donate what we don't want to re-sale shops or church sales. There's no organized way here of setting things out for free, though often individuals will put things at curb side, hoping people will see them and take what they want. I've never heard of Hawaiian toast. It looks tasty. Happy T Tuesday!
A cool looking cup, I like it but would have left it. I don't need anything extra to bring home. :) We just got rid of lots of books and other stuff when we moved. Good way to thin out processions. Lion prints, very cool indeed. We used to have a toaster like that but can't find one here. We always liked them. Now we use a George Foreman grill and love that for grilled cheese sandwiches. I like mine with tomato, onion and occasionally salami. It's delicious. Nice sketch, you are good.
Have a lovely evening!
Very cute cups, and the Hawaiian toast sounds yummy. Enjoyed seeing your quick sketch too. I know it's not easy, but it is good practice. You did very well! happy Tea Day!
Hawaii toast sounds good!
I love that cup and plate, I would use it for soup and toast on the side. I used to make cheese and pineapple toasties, made in an electric sandwich toaster, which you preheat, then put the slices of bread in, add the fillings, then another slice of bread and close the machine which then toasts the sandwich and seals the edges. So many times I burned my tongue a bit because the fillings get hot. I still have the sandwich toaster but don't use it so much anymore. I don't have enough space in my kitchen and not enough power outlets either.
Linda, furniture?! Ewww. They make jokes on that on TV ;-)
But I saw it here, too, and thought it´s trash... Yep, the toast is like the pizza! Yum, A happy week to you!
____
Eileen, yes, win-win! xx
____
CJ, I admit... I´ve never seen or played (?) Game of Thrones (booooy, do I feel old!). A happy day to you!
____
Divers and Sundry, you have bpth options here, too. I prefer to put things out front with a sign on days without rain.
____
Bill, the cup is at someone else´s place, it was too big!
A George Foreman grill!!! Ohhhh, pics, please? I only remember he made a fun-ad at Tim Allen´s show, may you call such a big man "cute"?
Have a nice day in your new home!
____
Dianne the toast is yummy. Oh, the sketches are old, I´ve seen you can do much better! :-)
____
William, it is, try!
____
River! Never tell me of burnings, heeelp!
We had such a toaster, too, but ours was crap. Cheese everywhere, ugh...
That Hawaiian toast you made looks delicious. I like your sketch. Those lion paw prints cups are nice. There are many things I see and like, but needing to be frugal, I don't purchase them. I've been "reset" in life. But hey, there's no age discrimination when trying to find a job in the US. Happy belated T-Day!
Someone will love the 💙 cup and give it a new home 😊 Who doesn't love a cheese and ham toastie, yum! Always enjoy seeing your sketches Iris xox
Yupp, Grace, the cup long ago has found a new lover!
Yes, hmmm, cheese is to die for anyways! And ham. And... now I´m hungry! xox!
Love your sketch! And often we'll see things on the curb in the neighborhood with free signs. I've nabbed a couple of good things from that. Once Rick had a tenant move and leave a LOT of stuff. After he notified her multiple times he had to rent the place and so we put it on the street on a Sunday morning, planning on dumping it in the trash bin the next day. Within a half hour it was gone and two people were arguing about it on the street!
What a lucky find! I love ham, cheese and pineapple but I have a friend who says that combination is a crime!!! I love your paw print cups! Belated Happy T! Chrisx
Jeanie, what a story! LOL!
____
Chris, let´s commit that crime and not tell no more ;-) x
Post a Comment