Saturday, June 18, 2022

All It Needs Is Courage

 
 
Can you believe on the way to the city we met Charlie.
No idea if Ingo knows this quote but the real one said: 
 
"Life can be wonderful if you're not afraid of it. All it needs is courage, imagination ... and a little dough."
Calvero (Charles Chaplin) says this to Terry (Claire Bloom) in Limelight (1952)
 
Ingo told this man, after giving him some money, he would not be as brave and run around like this. That it takes, well... courage!
"Charlie" smiled and...
 

 All the courage deserves the first Guido´s of 2022, don´t you think so, too?
 
 
Soooooooooo yummy!!!!

Young Henry 🦁
 
 
"Oh, boy, yes. I feel like old. It´s all in sepia, have a nap, K?"
 
 


18 comments:

Ingo said...

And Iris was afraid to go in the picture with her great new dress.

Iris Flavia said...

Why, thank you for pointing THAT out!
I look dumb in pics.

Tom said...

...I've never thought that you looked dumb!

William Kendall said...

He certainly captures the Chaplin vibe.

Iris Flavia said...

Tom, comes a cam in sight my "beauty" is all gone, LOL.

____

William, he did with charme :-)

My name is Erika. said...

I am not usually brave enough to dress up in costume. To me, I am best being myself. But some people just love it, and I must admit, when I do put on a costume, I can be someone else for just a little bit of time. Happy weekend! Hugs-Erika

Mae Travels said...

Despite the exaggerated clothing and demeanor, the real Charlie Chaplain is very hard to imitate. Missing from this one: the slightly enlarged shoes! And somehow he doesn't capture the facial expression. But it's fun to see your photos.

best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

magiceye said...

Young Henry seems mighty amused with Charlie's antics! Cutie!

RedPat said...

Ingo looks ready to relax and eat.
My comments seem to disappear on your blog most of the time. I do read and comment each day.

The Padre said...

Yes To Dress Up = Make Everyday A Halloween Day - Big Hugs You Two

Cheers

Jeanie said...

That's a wonderful quote! Tell Ingo to go for it!

Divers and Sundry said...

Performance art does take courage and should be rewarded :)

Bill said...

He certainly brings smiles to people's faces.

peppylady (Dora) said...

I have wonder what street performance make.
Coffee is on and stay safe

Amypie71 said...

Charlie looks very much like the real thing and quite a happy chap, the pizza looks good.

DVArtist said...

Fun to run into charlie. However, I am going for the pizza. Have a nice evening, Iris.

River said...

Pizza!! I'm having pizza tonight and tomorrow, I have everything set out to make the pizza dough after I finish with the blogs.
You don't look dumb in pictures.

Iris Flavia said...

Erika, I hate dressing up. I cannot even lie! ;-) Hus (those are honest, too)

____

Mae, it was a hot day, I was astoniehed he´d dressed up like that at all.
He did his best. I think he really needed the money.

____

magiceye, it seems to be easy to entertain young Henry ;-)

____

RedPat, actually Ingo does not like Pizza! He was so kind to do it for me.
Blogger sucks, my comments I am often not sure arrive, either... Thank you for coming back!

____

Padre, no dressing up for me, I just enjoy others! ;-) But big hugs I can give!

____

Jeanie, yes, we need to be brave!

_____

Bill, he did, he was a kind one.

____

Dora, well, you need to be brave for that!

____

Amy, he was enjoying himself and the Pizza was to die for!

____

Nicole, the Pizza was... hmmmm, the guys really are from Sicily, it´s the real thing (most try to make it up to "German taste", bah).

____

River, yay!! I still have to try your dough!
But, no offense, no one can beat Guid0´s (but the guys in San Gimignano!).
And... I do look dumb the sec I see a cam. It´s a pain and I have many a proof, sadly...