Wednesday, February 22, 2023

The Freo Doctor

 
 
From horse racing on Monday in Perth how about cricket?
I admit I only know it from The Simpsons (and think the game is boring, but anyone enjoy what does not harm others, right). 
 
The title? Well, the WACA (Western Australian Cricket Association) is also known as the "Fremante Doctor"  due to "the afternoon sea-breezes which regularly pass the ground" (wiki).
 
This is for Tom´s Signs2 - don´t we all look forward to a nice sea-breeze?
 
And for Erika´s Red I join you with this:
 
 
I never had such a car, you?
I´m more like Bart, more to come 😀

Henry 🦁


Just walk faster, Son.



24 comments:

magiceye said...

Henry in a no nonsense mood!

Iris Flavia said...

:-) A strict dad!

Nancy Chan said...

I once had a maroon red car.

Iris Flavia said...

I meant such a toy car ;-)
Yes, I had several red cars (company cars, not that I crash all the time ;-)...)

Barwitzki said...

"Just walk faster, son..." :-)))) I wish you a relaxing day.
Hug Viola

Iris Flavia said...

:-) Reckon you had no such kiddy-car, either! To a good day :-)

My name is Erika. said...

Ha ha. I love Lisa and Bart. I love their expressions and how they're looking at each other. You really captured that. These sketches just keep better every time. Thanks again Iris. It is, as I've said before, very appreciated. And only a week left to February. I'll miss all the red but maybe March will be a little more spring like. Hope your day is going well. hugs-Erika

Iris Flavia said...

Erika, thank you - tomorrow I will cheat a bit, I´ll add my childhood-memories :-)
Yes, sad red is over soon, it´s so much fun.
Hopefully today the last stressy day. They all run nuts and I take a mini-break whilst a huuuuuge document tries to arrive.... ahhhhh....

Tom said...

...Iris, once again the Simpsons have a story for everything!

CJ Kennedy said...

We need seabreezes and afternoons on the beach

William Kendall said...

There's a cricket pitch here, but beyond that, I know nothing of the game.

Henry makes an appearance in the background over at my blog today.

gigi-hawaii said...

Nice to remember Australia.

Iris Flavia said...

Tom, they do!!!! :-)

____

CJ, oh, I SO hope for a good summer and at least a long weekend at the beach (it´s an over 3 hours drive one way).

____

Oh! I pop over with Henry now (was another 12+ work-hours day....

__

gigi, even better would be a visit! ;-)

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I don't think I understand how they score in cricket. And I have only owned silver cars. Red draws attention, while white and black show how dirty they get.

DVArtist said...

I have never watched the Simpsons. Have a great day today.

RedPat said...

I like Lisa's car. I have only had black cars and one brown one.

Iris Flavia said...

Elizabeth, I have neither an idea nor interest to find out about cricket! ;-)

____

Nicole, you should give them a chance - it´s NOT for kids!

____

RedPat for real I had red cars, but never a toy car.

Bill said...

I had a red truck and if I wanted a breeze all I had to do was roll down the window. I never watched the Simpsons either, the creator is from Portland, Oregon. You probably already knew thaat.:)

The Padre said...

Too Funny - Classic Photo As Well

Cheers

Iris Flavia said...

Bill I had real red (company-) cars, but never a toy car!
Ohhhhh, to just open the window for an ocean breeze - lucky you!
More from Matt tomorrow ;-)

____

Padre, I was never inside WACA. But it is often referred to for directions! Cheers on that!

peppylady (Dora) said...

I didn't have a car (hot wheel) like Bart growing up. Or did every play cricket either.
Coffee is on and stay safe

River said...

I never had a toy car I could sit in and drive. My sister and brother had tricycles, while I had a doll and pram, phooey! I eventually got a bicycle when I was almost twelve.
I know nothing about cricket, I think it would be so boring to sit and watch. Sea breezes are good though, I love those. They are supposed to be healthy and good for you and I know I always feel better after a day at the beach. the air coming off the ocean is a tiny bit salty and not at all polluted like the air in the city with all the traffic.

Iris Flavia said...

Dora, I had such a trike, but never a car! I still cannot comment on your blog....
But your last post was really interesting - a great home, just sad the workers were treated so badly!

____

River, tricycle is on the way :-) Sad, why did YOU miss out on those toys and a bike only at age 12?
Cricket is like ... boring, but also related to The Simpsons as Lisa turns to statistics/math for it.
Oh, I really hope for a little beach holiday this year, if it´s only here in Germany...

Jeanie said...

YOu're very good at drawing Simpsons -- they should hire you!