Thursday, April 27, 2023

Dangerous Bloggers!


 
I really fall for you!
 
I was so happily surprised about Bill´s comment on my post on Grace Hopper and...
 
You would think these days it has changed.
Yesterday two guys from a technical service (Telekom) were here.
When I said, "I´m a graduated engineer, too", the guy flinched and said, "oh, sorry" - now that is open to interpretation, LOL.
 
I need time to read!!! Books!
 
Henry 🦁


"Yes, wife."
 
Sorry, two posts again - the other is plain YUMMY! Just scroll down, if you like.
My cam did a FABULOUS JOB!



11 comments:

Tom said...

..."oh, sorry?"

Iris Flavia said...

Yes, huh? I have no idea...
I could imagine he said sorry for assuming I´m dumb?
That women cannot achieve this? (Which would make him very dumb.)

Bill said...

He probably didn't know what to say, maybe your reply stunned him.

Iris Flavia said...

Oh, Bill. You sadly may be right. We´re still a bit in the Middle Ages for some (he was maybe 25)! I look forward to this book.

Spare Parts and Pics said...

"Oh, sorry" really is a strange response. Hard to know how to interpret that!

Jeanie said...

I just went to an estate sale and bought four books. Like I need one more book! What I DO need is time!

River said...

I'm not a graduated anything!
A friend yesterday mentioned to me that she likes a series of fiction books by a particular author, the exact same series of books I recently gave away to a secondhand shop! I had 30 of them, now I wish I still had them to give to my friend.
I have plenty of time to read, but waste it scrolling around on real estate sites looking for a dream home I could never afford.

Iris Flavia said...

Spare Parts and Pics... I had no idea what to answer!

_____

Jeanie, I´m with you ;-)

____

River, that way you get no stupid comments- there is always a positive side!
Shoot about the books!
Haha, yes, we did that too in Perth. Looking at show houses....
One can dream, huh?

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

You can be proud and wear your pride on your sleeve.

Mae Travels said...

It’s so gratifying that you liked my review — thanks for the shout-out! So many books, such a short life, and so much distraction!

best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

My name is Erika. said...

I read a lot of books and I still don't get to them all-sadly. I think I need to just sit and read for a few days straight, but I don't know if I could sit that long.