Tuesday, April 04, 2023

T STands For The Garden

 

 Cucumber, pear, linseed oil, nettle-smoothie, my yummy ticket for Elizabeth´s T!

The journal...
 

Monday: Ingo woke up to... hail!
(I sleep with ear-protection)
After an early brekkie we left the hotel in Emden to head to Ingo´s Brother for his 50´s Birthday... 
Two days of holiday gone for this occasion, btw, and to top that he marries on a Friday in August. Two more days I have to take off for him.
I would never force working people to take a holiday for me. 
What are weekends for?

In Braunschweig it was nearly 15+C/60F so I had my light jacket with me and Ingo´d pulled out his warm fur. Boy, it was COLD! There was SNOW!!
And wet and we got lost... 
 
In the end I saw a guy in a craftsman-car, having a brekkie, asked him for the way and he gave us a ride (so much for leaving your comfort-zone!!!) - now wasn´t that too nice?! And I was a bit proud of myself, too, for braving up.
The wife to be is really nice (unlike BIL´s first...) PIL were nice, too.
The kids... nearly adults!
 
It was a very silent party, so much so FIL requested a beer!
 
And it was not only Ingo´s Brother´s Birthday, also Frida´s, the boxer´s. Well, she is 11 years old now and calm.
 
Not only BIL got a pressie, me also, see here

BIL then walked us half way to the hotel.
It´s a strange family. He just said "good-bye". No hug or anything. Aw, well.
 

Tuesday: After an early brekkie we left Emden and drove a different route home cause Ingo wanted to see the Huey!
Guess where it landed before it went to rest in Bückeburg?

Yep: Braunschweig!!!!
It was as always: It was in the local news AFTERWARDS and they wondered why there were so few visitors. Ingo was really disappointed, of course, so it was a treat to see it now at least.
And, boy. It was frickin´ cold in the halls where all the helis were on display.
Traffic was crazy. But Ingo brought us safely to and fro.
 

Wednesday: Went to EDEKA. Twice. Bought, amongst other. cheese. Luckily I´d kept the receipt cause when I was to put it in the fridge I saw: mould!
Never grab and buy, always look closely! And keep the receipt.
Other: work, city, post-office, training.
 

Thursday: A likely last time proofreader cried his soul out. The translation company did it´s very best but Spain gave such bad quality, it was more "guessing" than translating, he gave it back to Spain! In the meeting he told the other, too, so I got it twice...
He talks a lot, but I´ll miss him when he goes to his new project.
Felt did 5 things at once and again 9 hours.
Sketching, training, (over and) out.
The most beautiful, heavy rain fell.
 

Friday: Gahhh. Hectical, hectical work day.
That turned into fun with "the" guy from the translation office. Again.
Last time we spoke about beaming being too dangerous due to flies (still haven´t seen the movie!), now about our sleeping-/wake-habits. Yet, he sticks to the formal "Sie".
He even revealed his age, and still "Sie"?
Let me tell you you English-based natives are so lucky with simply "you"!
Thankfully it is more and more the "du" becomes standard.

Did part of the taxes again. Reckon their program has the hiccups. Hope so!!!
Isn´t it sad you get punished for working? And that those guys are so powerful? 
Training and out...


Weekend: Saturday: Sorted my art-supply-stuff. Wish I had more space than under the swing and beside my PC. 
Obviously misplaced  or threw away all the stuff I cut out of magazines.
Found, to Ingo´s dismay, truffle-butter at EDEKA!!!! 
Ingo got a new labtop - for kids. Cheap, but took him 3 hours to beat Bill Gates.
 

Dinner: Gouda with raisins. 
Sunday: Day of rest, literally...
 

Art-wise: Thanks to my art-clean up I can join the recycle-theme with a garden from a calendar from pre-journal times:
 
 
Acrylics and Washi-tape.
Henry 🦁

 
Or wanna play ball with me?



27 comments:

River said...

I see Henry, he's not too well hidden there. I love your Friday page with Grumpy Garfield. I feel like that a lot of the time. Like today, I found my potato plant leaves all shrivelled and dried, so I felt in the pot and it was completely dry in spite of me watering just two days ago. Because it is still warm here even in autumn, we have 25C today.

Iris Flavia said...

Actually I think Henry rather wants to play ball :-)
I am so glad I became the early bird! As a student I was Garfield, too...
Hope your potatoes make it. Yikes. We have -3C!
I defrost the freezer, hence, have everything in the Esky on the balcony...

Mae Travels said...

Your little aliens are cute (March 30 sketch). It's sad that you resent your brother-in-law for including you in his birthday celebration.

best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Iris Flavia said...

No I don´t see it that way. See, he´s not a baby anymore. I would´ve loved it if he´d celebrated on the following Saturday. That day is off anyways.
I need to be careful not wasting my holiday. The trip per se is stressful enough. So if I have a holiday I want to enjoy it.

Tom said...

...Henry has it made in the shade!

Iris Flavia said...

Yes, and the sun is shining so beautifully! If still way too cold.

nwilliams6 said...

Another interesting week. Very cool drinks.

So sorry that family events are so stressful. At least you had an adventure and showed your support and love. One of my husband's brothers doesn't talk to anyone in the family - so at least you have it better than that.

As always, you make your work sound so interesting!

Happy t-day and hugz to you, Iris (and Henry lol).

CJ Kennedy said...

Another very busy week for you. I'm ready for a nap. As always your drawings are so fun. Weekends fill quickly for weddings. Maybe the BIL had to take a weekday because everything was filled. Happy T Day

Anonymous said...

Great post Iris, glad you and Ingo could get out and about. Your drinks always look so good-you have great choices there.
always love seeing your journal sketches. Have an awesome week ahead.
Hugs from the lake

My name is Erika. said...

The way that animal skin (leopard?) mug photographed it looks fuzzy. Is it? How cool if it is, but it would probably be hard to wash clean. And I always love seeing your weekly journal. In fact I look forward to how you are going to draw things. I hope those bees are nice to Maus. They're always such fun. I hope you are having a great T day and maybe it is warm? hugs-Erika

Iris Flavia said...

Nancy, yes, sad thing is, he expects us to drive all the way. But he visited us not once. Not even when he visited family 60km / 37 miles away.
And really, why not take the weekend.

LOL, actually my work isn´t that interesting! Hugz back to you!

____

CJ, he gave the date way over a year ago and Emden really is a tiny place.
He just does not think, I assume. Parents are retired, friends live nearby and that way he has the weekend for himself. Just a guess.
Aw, well. I´ll try to smile.

____

Kathy, yes and at least Ingo got to see his Huey.
You don´t have such drink-variety? It´s nearly a "pain" here!
Thank you, you, too, enjoy your week, hugs to you and the lake.

____

Erika, there´s a candle inside and yes, it is "fur" :-)
Thank you, yes, it´s fun to think of how to sketch situations!
It´s cold but oh so wonderfully sunny!! Hugs!

RedPat said...

I always like to look at your journals. You are so busy!

Divers and Sundry said...

I never eat breakfast, but you make me think I might be missing out :) The cheese and fruit plate looks tasty. Happy t Tuesday!

jinxxxygirl said...

Iris we are getting ready to leave on a long trip to see family... they never come to visit us.. And we SAY this is the last time we are going to do this.. LAST TIME... people can come see US! Besides i'd like to go see somewhere new not just going the same places every time.. Happy T day! Hugs! deb

Iris Flavia said...

Divers and Sundry... I could not go without breakfast!

____

deb, it seems to be the same all over!!! My Brother is the same! Can´t remember when he visited us! Has a car, lives in the village, no, I went by tram, train and bus.
And I always say: Last time! And then... Hugs, Sister in family-weirdo-kingdom...

DVArtist said...

Wow, Iris! what a post. I love seeing all the journal art and knowing what you have been up to. Love that you and Ingo got away for a bit. I have to force myself to eat breakfast. Have a lovely day today.

Iris Flavia said...

Nicole, thank you, the same to you, a wonderful day!
Oh, I could not go without breakfast long!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Sorry you had to take two vacation days to attend a birthday party. I like that you went to the helicopter museum, though.

Sorry the rest of your week was so hectic. Still, I enjoyed reading about it and seeing your adorable images, too. How sweet you added some garden recycling in your journal.

Finally, thanks for sharing your Garden Gluck, a garden of happiness in a drink with us for T this Tuesday, dear Iris.

Iris Flavia said...

Elizabeth, I thank you for making me actually often really buy those fancy drinks!
I don´t go to the cinema, we haven´t been in a pub in ages and this is a bit luxury I can easily not only enjoy but share :-)

Yes, bummer with the forced holidays.
He is his own boss, he has no idea how normal people have to plan, have to schedule...

If it had been fun at least... but... it was boring.
My Brother can at least throw a decent party.

Bill said...

Love your version of Garfield, really nice!

Iris Flavia said...

:-) I miss the lasagna, though. But he said explicitly: coffee... or that face!

Kate Yetter said...

Loved reading and seeing your week. I see that you have been sketching a lot. Your sketches are improving. Love Garfield. And that is great that you are trying out watercolor. I know what you mean about wanting to share it yet. Just keep going. They say that you have to get all the bad art out before you start making good art. I am still working on that.
Have a great week, Iris.
Happy Tea Day,
Kate

Sharon Madson said...

Love Henry hiding in the park. Made me smile. I agree with you about not getting married on a weekend. What is that all about? Another pet peeve of mine are the destination weddings. You expect me to travel to an island to see you get married? I don't think so! LOL Okay, got that off my chest. Have a happy t Day, Iris.

Iris Flavia said...

Kate, yes, all the bad :-)
I´m doomed to stay home, so maybe I´ll take the time to practice.

____

Sharon, yes. We married in wonderful Perth, Western Australia and invited no one ;-)
Well, our Perth-friends, of course! In the aftermath I should say, hey, you did not join us?! to such family.

Lisca said...

Oh well, now you have Emden out of the way (and Ingo has seen his 'Huey'. ). It's annoying when people have parties on a weekday. Often it is because the restaurants/or venues are cheaper then. And it wasn't even a cracking party? What a shame. Kudos for you that you made the effort.
Belated Happy T-Day,
Hugs,
Lisca

Amypie71 said...

Does Ingo snore? Is that why you wear ear protection? B use to snore but since he lost weight he doesn't do it so much.

Jeanie said...

I always enjoy your weekly journal posts and the happy illustrations. They make me smile --and it was quite a week!