Sunday, May 21, 2023

Lille Family Time - Father´s Day

 
 
I think this was 1979 and I hope this pic was taken by my Mum - but I don´t think so, because the next reveals:
 
 
Those were the 1970´s! Who the heck but my Mum let her kids join a Father´s Day-"adventure"?!
But Dad managed to write down his usual title and put the pics in the family album, if obviously not sober, LOL.
 
These days you see loads of male students - who likely are not fathers - roam the city with wagens full of beer and party here and there whenever they feel they need a break.
 
In case you wonder: Yes, in Germany you are allowed to do that.
Once I was in Cologne for a further training. It was a hot summer´s late day, there was a kiosk near the hotel so I went in and bought a bottle of cooled beer.
Paying it I was asked if I want to drink it now (no!) and before I could answer the lady had already opened the beer!
So, I had to drink it on the way.

BUT!!!! Don´t you dare to do anything like that in Perth, we had to learn.
Waiting for the bus, not knowing when it arrives Ingo opened a can of EMU (light beer) to share and another person said, "put that away, you´re not allowed to drink openly in public!!!" Ups.
Another time we saw a guy on the bus with "something" in a brown paper bag sipping along.
Turned out he lived also in our Caravan Park and was still not too drunk to not open the door for me. You are not allowed to eat or drink on Transperth, btw...
 
Times are a changing - at least no kids involved, cause... see second pic... do I look happy? 
 
Anyhows: Thursday was Father´s Day here in Germany, hope daddies had a nice one!
 
Also... it could´ve been worse...
 
 
But then... my parents - like everybody - smoked. Even in the car in winter, windows closed, us kids in the back.
And we´re still alive! 
Was it the same in your place?
 

 

17 comments:

Ingo said...

Find the two sober people in pic 2. That's a difficult question, because they all where this funny hats! Please, can you give me a hint?

Iris Flavia said...

Those with no hats, no-Daddy ;-)
Uuups. In the post´s-pic, not this one!!! Life is complicated...

Christine said...

Now seatbelts are the law in Canada times have changed

Iris Flavia said...

Only now???
I think it was 1980 we had that law..
I lost a (milk-)tooth prior to that because of no seat belt...

magiceye said...

Drinking in the open not allowed in India.

Jeanie said...

I think all our parents must have smoked back then. I'm so glad it's not so popular now! I think we can only carry alcohol openly in certain spots and conditions (like festivals).

Bill said...

You are not supposed to drink in the open here too but some do. One time we were on the bus coming from Dublin and this guy bought some beer and drank it on the bus and had it in a paper bag. When he was done with a can he rolled it down the isle and then opened another one. Eventually, he started yelling at everyone including the bus driver. The bus driver stopped the bus on the road and kicked him off. It was late at night and dark. The guy couldn't even talk right. People applauded the bus driver after he kicked the dude out.

Iris Flavia said...

That sounds like really bad, Bill.
It was "harmless" in Perth - as here.
Have fun and that´s it!!!
But some do not get it...

RedPat said...

You can't drink on the streets here either. Only on a patio of a restaurant.

My name is Erika. said...

Most places here you can't drink an open drink, but there's a few places where you can. I guess that means you need to check the rules. Is that you in your dad's father's day photo? Hope it was a great day. hugs-Erika

peppylady (Dora) said...

Our father day is in June.
Coffee is on, and stay safe.

Iris Flavia said...

RedPat, weird. Actually nothing bad happens here...

____

Erika, yes, to the left in first pic :-)

____

Dora, well, then a party is to be soon :-)

River said...

No eating or drinking on public transport is Australia wide, not just in Perth, but some people break the rules. I remember growing up with everyone smoking, both my parents, but none of us three kids ever smoked. Both my husbands though and now both my sons. The younger one tries to stop sometimes and doesn't smoke near the twins.

River said...

I thought in the picture the only sober ones were you and your brother :)
Father's Day is in September here.

William Kendall said...

Not drinking in public is by and large the rule here.

gigi-hawaii said...

Just awful smoking and drinking. And yet, your last comment that you are still alive made me chuckle.

Amypie71 said...

gosh most places here are alcohol free zones in public so no one can carry alcohol around, I'd like to see a photo of students with their beer.