Sunday, March 17, 2024

Why Railroads Don't Need Expansion Joints

 
So far I still have no project, but I´m in line for Vossloh.
I miss trains and isn´t this one so beautiful? To America!


I´ll show you a video why we do not have the clickedy-clack any more!
 

 
Another beautiful one - why are Germans so... bland?

Here goes:



Aw, well, THIS dude explains it very well, have a look!

 

Wish me luck the Vossloh-project (that was supposed to start February) will start come April and I´ll be on the rail!

The ride on the Indian Pacific? Smoooooth.

Henry 🦁
 
To railway!
 

11 comments:

Tom said...

...Iris, I found the video very interesting. I could never do the work that you do, my mind doesn't think in the right ways. Good luck with your next project.

Iris Flavia said...

Tom, I just am on the sideline! But I love all the engineering-"miracles"!!

RedPat said...

It all looks like Greek to me, Iris. I hope you get the project that you want.

Iris Flavia said...

RedPat, I would LOVE to return to ALSTOM, but sadly that´s no option (they passed the project to Austria), so yes, I hope for Vossloh!

Bertiebo said...

I had to look vossloh up. I don't know anything about it and I don't think I get it

Iris Flavia said...

They are a worldwide railway company.
I hope the team will be fun!

Anonymous said...

sounds like a very interesting job Iris
cold here but sunny at the lake

Mae Travels said...

I think trains are really neat but I’m clueless as to how they work. Unfortunately, passenger train travel here is very degraded and much more expensive than driving a car. Moreover, most RR stations don’t have a place to rent a car and most airports do have them. So you are stuck when you arrive, too. Sad.
best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

DVArtist said...

What a great post. Mr. M. and I are planning a train trip across the US to see our kids. I wish we had trains like in Europe and Japan. But we are looking into it. I really like trains too. Have a nice day today.

Iris Flavia said...

Kathy, same here, cols and mostly sunny :-)

____

Mae, yes, I know, mostly you have freight trains.
Actually... Braunschweig has no car rental nearby, either! You can take the tram or bus, though. No idea about other cities here.

____

Nicole, that is cool, please blog about it, OK? And have fun!!

Granny Sue said...

The video was interesting, Iris. Last train I rode was still clickety- clacking. Maybe those were old rails? Wishing you the best of luck on the new project!