Saturday, September 21, 2024

Sharing Is Caring?

 
This was 1995 in "some" National Park, I think in South Australia.
This bugger wouldn´t leave us alone. 
Aussies back then mainly ate white toast-bread and I saw what damage that did to the animals (and hence to us humans, too?) - so we handed over a cracker in hopes the possum can digest it better.
But it was not enough - we were not fast enough and... this is a wild animal after all - don´t touch!

 
We hoped no harm was taken.
 


I think it did no harm - he/she investigated further and next we heard, "Oohhhh, cutie-you!"
Followed by a scream and an outraged yell to the hubby: "He SCRATCHED me!!"

Yes, lady. Don´t pet wild animals, especially not those with long claws or big teeth.

With this - where no animal was harmed... I join...


... Eileen.

And of course I found another heartwarming story from FB....
 

 I hope I don´t bore you with my FB-findings, I think this is a great lesson:

"Damn, That's Interesting
Storytelling Feed  ·
  ·
I found a line with just one person ahead of me and began organizing my items on the conveyor. After placing my items, I look up to see that the person ahead of me was an elderly woman. She was paying for her items with change and wanted to purchase each separately. Part of me, the part that had a long day at work, the part of me who had a 1 1/2 year old having a melt down in the cart, the part that had set an unnecessary timeline for Target and getting home, was frustrated with this woman and the inconvenience she had placed on me.
BUT then I watched the young employee with this woman. I watched him help her count her change, ever so tenderly taking it from her shaking hands. I listened to him repeatedly saying “yes, mam” to her. When she asked if she had enough to buy a reusable bag, he told her she did and went two lines over to get one for her and then repackaged her items. Never once did this employee huff, gruff or roll his eyes. He was nothing but patient and kind.
As I was watching him, I saw that Eloise was too. She was standing next to the woman, watching the employee count the change. I realized I hadn’t been inconvenienced at all. That my daughter was instead witnessing kindness and patience and being taught this valuable lesson by a complete stranger; furthermore, I realized that I too needed a refresher on this lesson.
When the woman was finished, the employee began ringing up my items and thanked me for my patience. I then thanked him for teaching us patience and kindness by his treatment of that elderly woman. And although my timeline for target was askew, when he was finished I pushed my cart through the store trying to find the manager. I wanted her to know of the employee’s, kindness and patience, and how much it meant to me. After tracking her down and sharing the story with her, we left Target with a cart full of consumable items, but what is more a heart full of gratitude for such an invaluable lesson.
If you are ever in the Glendale Target, give Ishmael a smile and a nod. The world could use more people like him.
Credits goes to the respective owner✍️ "

And of course...
 

 "Albert Einstein's creative and brilliant quotes
 
About peace

Peace cannot be maintained by force. It can only be achieved through understanding."

Sad there is so little understanding in a small, cowardly man in Russia.

 Henry 🦁 sends Granpa Max... 
 
It´s a warm September day!
  

21 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello, Iris
I would never try to hand feed a wild animal, I am scared they would bite me. They are cute critters and I love the sweet kitty at the end. I always enjoy a story on the patience and kindness of people, kudos to that Target worker and you for being patient.
Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, have a great weekend. PS, thank you for leaving me a comment.

Tom said...

...patience is a virtue!!!

Anu said...

Great photos.

Iris Flavia said...

We just put the cracker for it to take... Max is 19 years old! A cute Granpa, he´s my friend´s cat.
The story is from FB - I have no kids... It was not me, I live in Germany...
But I get more patient, too with the years :-) Happy weekend.

Iris Flavia said...

Thank you.

Iris Flavia said...

I´m learning.... my friend just yesterday said she wouldn´t be as patient with the documents as I am! LOL.

Shiju Sugunan said...

Thanks for sharing these interesting stories. It's important to remember to be kind to others, no matter what.

CJ Kennedy said...

Yup, don't touch wild critters no matter how cute they look. The story you found was a good lesson for patience. Enjoy your weather. It's chilly and damp here today. Hallo, Max!

RedPat said...

It is nice to hear positive stories, Iris. Enjoy your warm day.

magiceye said...

Thank you for the heart warming stories.

Bill said...

I'm sure we could all use a top up in patience. Thanks for the wonderful story.

Iris Flavia said...

Yes, I love to read those true stories! Oh, it was a wonderful day!

Iris Flavia said...

You´re very welcome!

Iris Flavia said...

I agree!

Katerinas Blog said...

Interesting life lessons that we often overlook!
Thank you for sharing, Iris!
Have a nice Sunday Iris🍁

River said...

We have grey possums here in SA and they make a lot of noise on the roofs at night and pee in my garden. I hate them.

Iris Flavia said...

You´re welcome,Katerina - have a great Sunday.

Iris Flavia said...

Oh, no (LOL, kinda), they pee in your garden?!!!
In Perth/Madeley I never saw one.

My name is Erika. said...

We had a similar incident with a couple of raccoons camping once. Then they tried to get in our tent at night while we were sleeping-you should have heard the screaming or yelling at that point. Grin. hugs-Erika

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

We can learn so much from others if we just take the time to pay attention. We can even learn how to act by bad examples. It takes kindness to live this life to it's fullest! Thanks for sharing!

Yvonne said...

Nice Facebook story. Love your Possum photos. We have Opossums here that look completely different, and they will eat almost anything. In the world of human interaction, that probably isn't a good trait to have. Wishing you a lovely week ahead.