Monday, August 25, 2014

Once A Lion - Always A Lion



Saturday we went to the city to try again to see the exhibit "Once A Lion - Always A Lion" that was closed last Saturday, despite downstairs there were ads for it...

This time it was open and artist Thomas Doneis was there, too. Mind you, he´s tattooed all over so much I didn´t even see it! I just thought he simply is very black - in my defense it was dark in there...

Braunschweig was in first league in soccer last season, hence the lion has a soccer-ball. Well - this is forever, it´s made of stone - reality is back to second league, though!



Still first league in football, German Bowl Defender again, but, well... not popular enough.



No idea if this is art or if the mermaid goes off the exhibit?



I didn´t know the artist would be there and since he was glued to his counter I didn´t ask. Maybe I should have, guess he was quite bored, we were the only visitors...

Like the light here:



Here´s a copy of the real Henry, awww....



On we went to the first Brunswick:



Well, rather very small. We payed a visit to "the longest counter in Braunschweig":



And went for a raspberry (ok)- and a cherry-beer (very sour):



And despite you find a kangaroo here:



... we saw no Aussie-beer, sadly.

Just a Lion-Bratwurst for € 2:



After the cold rain (... :-( summer?!) we had a quick look at the wine festival. Bratwurst there € 3! Wow, huh?!

Aw, well. Both not a hit, really. Somehow, despite Schadt´s-beer being available, I expected more, at least also Mumme-beer. And, sad to say, the band playing was really bad.

Hope for a better festival next year!

No comments: