Monday, October 17, 2016

GDR - Hanseatic League IV



And there I stood and thought, What the....???.
I have to admit I never ever saw the real thing.
This is a replica of the Ost-Ampelmännchen.

I grew up in West-Germany - I say luckily, but the Eastern guys mostly say the same - ours look different and took over the East as well, sadly.

Ingo had relatives and went over there a couple of times. Feel free to ask him, he has crazy stories to share.
Stories I can confirm, other than all my East-German Teamleaders plus Ingo play a game on me! ;-)



Not much but THIS is way cuter than "us Westerners" had/have!
Right?
Cutie-pie, Ingo presented me with earrings like these even!



And I got a t-shirt somewhere with 'em, too!

Crazy to see them work!
Yah, TOURIST, the guys thought, seeing me waiting to take a proper pic, right?

As of this, tourist-me:



And here, here goes...



Ingo´s Bro studied here and said the marzipan you buy here is fresh and tastes much different than the one you get in the shops elsewhere, so I went in to have a look.



Saw the "men´s stuff" and got a bit for the rest of my family aka kids & SIL.



And.

Back to the beginning, I felt like being in former GDR.
The.queue.took.forever.

Ingo would´ve left, 100% sure of that.

Never in my life wanting to buy something I waited sooo long, no kidding!

And I know SIL will "hate" me for it, too.
Cause...
Calories are the darn things that sew my clothes a number smaller over night, right? ;-)

3 comments:

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Made me laugh Iris, I quite often get mistaken for a tourist when I'm taking pics for the blog 😊 The way I see it if you stood in line for so long for the sweet treats you should heartily enjoy them.. SIL also 😊

Iris Flavia said...

Haha, us tourists, Grace :-)
Nah, I really don´t like sweets - other than salty licorice, that is.
Ingo just bought me some.

Revrunner said...

Yep, I remember seeing traffic lights like that on my last visit. Curious.