Tuesday, October 18, 2016
Hanseatic League V
The old and new, both to find in Hansestadt Lübeck - as in Braunschweig, btw.
And science plays a big role, too:
When I first past this I couldn´t see what it was cause a family was "playing" with it.
It´s an Abacus, complete with how to use it:
Whilst "we" were City of Science 2007, they got the title in 2012:
I really have no clue atm if also we have such a signpost somewhere? Such a great one, too?
If so.... very hidden!
I´m on my way back (finally, huh?):
Still a bit to come....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







4 comments:
If you are going to explore you may as well do it thoroughly Iris :) I think I remember using an abacus at school.... hahahaha! only kidding, I'm not quite that old :)
But, wait, Grace. I really do remember a mini-abacus! Maybe it was just a toy, though? Gotta ask Bro...
I really love vintage items. Great photos, thank you so much for sharing.
That abacus sorta reminds me of my first "scientific" calculator. :-)
Post a Comment