Thursday, January 19, 2017
Define Gigantic
Last Saturday Grace and P picked us up and funny enough without having a guess of what was to come I wore The Little Giant Girl-t-shirt.
Nomen est omen, I guess, and I asked Grace if I can share the story here.
We agreed, cause sharing a good belly-laugh can never hurt, right?
So.
Ingo had a wish.
Sami (who´s also "responsible" I have this t-shirt in the first place!!) said she gets The West Australian, it has a TV-guide, so did I always, too, and Ingo once in a while browsed through the paper.
And found an ad. Bring the ad to a Caltex (fuel station) and get a free cooler bag with the Perth skyline on front, now that is exclusive, no?
This is the one and proof we made it, too:
Well. On the way to The Old Sawn Brewery we went to a Caltex.
Grace and I ran in, P parked the car properly - good thing to do! Right? Don´t stand in the way.
But, shoot, this Caltex didn´t join and they had no hint on which one does.
Grace and I ran to P´s car, hopped in and on we went.
Next Caltex, same game.
You think!
Grace and I hopped out, went in, no, they don´t have it but ... gave a hint.
We made a ran to the car, that P parked in a proper position.
Now... time. running is fast, right.
Moments. Tiny moments.
For an onlooker it must´ve been slow, I reckon, a slow comedy, maybe.
I have to add... German number plates are easy.
First you have the name of the city, BS for Braunschweig, WOB for Wolfsburg, etc, easy. Not so in Australia, it´s just something (or something special if you´re willing to pay).
So I had no clue, I simply followed Grace to the grey, big car.
The moment Grace reached for the co-driver´s door.
Oh, my!
Have I mentioned Grace is really quick?
I saw... I thought... (slow here)... wait, there are people in the car, that can´t be P´s car!!!!
The door was open, I turned around and saw P and Ingo to the right waving "no!!!".
And then Grace came around, in tears, kinda, due to the laughing.
The woman sitting in there was kinda terrified, shoot, we had to laugh so hard for minutes and minutes, my belly hurt!
The title, btw... LOL, the next Caltex happily gave us the cooler bag.
Well. Not that huge as you might´ve guessed from the paper (and yes, I got a STAGG´s home, too!).
A tiny cooler for a big laugh of fours!
We headed on to a nice lille park near Kings Park, then on to The Old (Swan) Brewery for lunch.
This was the day my SD-card died.
You call it "sliders", it was the most yummy lille burger (I found a restore SD-card-program and Ingo´ll have a look before I download, keep your fingers crossed I get my pics back!).
Afterwards we went to Kings Park so Ingo and I finally got to see the Dinosaurs there, thanks, you two, as with the roos at Pinnaroo, you back up on what we miss on ourselves!
I took pics of every description (I hear you saying, uhhh, good thing the card died ;-)...).
It´s amazing what Perth offers for free!
Another fun day and my t-shirt just fitted to it all, no?
I mean even that Ingo didn´t remind me to take the Smartrider off before getting a pic taken!
(I asked Transperth about the where from, Grace, let´s see if they answer).
And yes, my red hat made it home:
It´s about memories, right...
Labels:
Australian Journey,
friends,
fun,
holiday,
Perth,
the two of us
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








6 comments:
Fun pic with dinosaur looks lovely...
Sure was, Perth is an awesome place, go visit!
You got to see the dinosaurs after all! Good on Grace and P.
After buying the newspaper last Saturday I also asked the nearest Caltex about the cooler, but they had run out.
This Saturday it's on again, so hopefully I get it, although being so small....do I really need it?
Oh, Sami, you just add to the laughing, cause, yes, it´s small!!!
A true cheapy. But the memories are priceless.
And they´re connected to dinosaurs, so.... not so small after all?
Good luck in finding one!
I'm laughing too at Sami's question about size Iris 😀😀😀 but it was all worth it for such a good laugh oui!
It sure made a story that will make me happy every time thinking of it, Grace :-)
Post a Comment